MORE problems with my JET I V.3

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
A month ago I bought a Jetbeam Jet I v.3.

When it arrived it worked great (BRIGHT) shortly therefter it developed an annoying habbit of activating accidentally, and sometimes would not turn off :confused: at all using endcap switch. I had to unscrew it.

When I contacted Bug Out Gear USA they offered to put a new switch in my talicap.:thumbsup: When the replacement arrived a few days ago it did work and seemed to have three levels.
Now no matter what fully charged 14500 I use it only has 25% power if that.:(

I'm contacting BOG again to reslove this ongoing problem. I know this substandard quality is NOT indicative of Jetbeam (or B.O.G. USA).

I hope sometime this Summer I can use this light as it failed miserably on my first EDC attempt.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure BOG will get it sorted out for you.

I have bought two Jet 1 Pro v.3s from BOGUSA. The first was the gray bodied, Q3 w/an OP reflector, the second an olive bodied R2 with an OP reflector.

The gray Q3 works flawlessly. The OD R2, though seems a bit quirky. It's a real PITA to get into programming mode. And when I turn it on, in Mode A, it takes two half presses to get it to go to Mode B the first time. Then it cycles from B to C and back to A then to B... again on a single half-press. At frist I thought it was the switch. But now, having to consistently half-press twice to start the mode switching, I wonder if it isn't a dirver software glitch.

ON THE OTHER HAND...having to use two half-presses to switch modes initially might not be a bad feature. I'll have to see how it works in field use.

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I'm sure BOG will get it sorted out for you.

I have bought two Jet 1 Pro v.3s from BOGUSA. The first was the gray bodied, Q3 w/an OP reflector, the second an olive bodied R2 with an OP reflector.

The gray Q3 works flawlessly. The OD R2, though seems a bit quirky. It's a real PITA to get into programming mode. And when I turn it on, in Mode A, it takes two half presses to get it to go to Mode B the first time. Then it cycles from B to C and back to A then to B... again on a single half-press. At frist I thought it was the switch. But now, having to consistently half-press twice to start the mode switching, I wonder if it isn't a dirver software glitch.

ON THE OTHER HAND...having to use two half-presses to switch modes initially might not be a bad feature. I'll have to see how it works in field use.

I have exactly the same problem with mine.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within a few hours of my email I heard from Bug Out Gear USA.

I have known these folks to be very helpful and this experience is no exception. They are going to replace the light with no hassles at all.:party:

Of course, I would, and do plan on doing more biz with them when funds permit:broke:. Great job!

Latest posts