*Cerakote Complete* Help me pick a cerakote color for my PD-S!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Ta-Da* White Cerakote McGizmo PD-S

Hey CPF! So, I'm embarking on a project of sorts. I recently got my first McGizmo, a black slate PD-S. It has had a very fulfilling life, being used extensively for years in Alaska and getting the battle scars to prove it.

Now, it is coming to a much cushier home with me and I want to send it out for some upgrades. It is going to have the amps bumped up and a new neutral XP-G emitter installed and the Ti bits are going to be anno'd.

Here's a picture of the light:
pds4.jpg

Where you all come in: I'm looking for opinions on what color I should get the light cerakoted. Please post for the color you think would look best out of the options below. If a color is not listed, feel free to post your suggestion and why you think is a better option.

Hidden White
Satin Mag
Blue Titanium
Orange
(if I can find someone to do it)

To see some of the colors please check out jslappa's cerakoting thread here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/273801

Ti Annodization: I'm going to have the Ti bits anno'd too. They will probably be done in UV (purple-ish), or Blue. If you want you can pair up your cerakote suggestion with an anno or recommend an entirely different anno color (or no anno at all).

Thanks for your help and suggestions! lovecpf

Edit: This was supposed to have a poll, but I must have goofed and not clicked the right option. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help me pick a cerakote color for my McGizmo PD-S!

Personal opinion, leave it alone.

chef4850

Enlightened

What he said!

Leave it alone

Timeless classic and should be left in it's current state.

Looking at the pictures it looks like it is in pretty good shape.

Chef

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Personal opinion, leave it alone.

I thought I'd have a few purists. :) I've got a stock McLux PD coming with the same black slate finish. So I'll always have a nice minty fresh example with me. I want to get the finish looking better, and tougher as well.

What he said!

Leave it alone

Timeless classic and should be left in it's current state.

Looking at the pictures it looks like it is in pretty good shape.

Chef

Same reply as above. Plus, it has a lot more anno loss (not seen in pics) and a few dings.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got a few lights back from jslappa, which have been coated. The color choice is obviously up to you, but think if you want to have it glossy or not.

I have a blue titanium EX10, that one is very nice, it's somewhat grey with a hint of steel blue and not glossy at all, I preffer it flat. Now, the question is, which colors are glossy and which are not? Perhaps the darker, the glossier?

As for the colors themselves, they are definetely not as they look on the screen, beware of that. So, better take a color you know (if there is some), if you don't like surprises.

While I said the choice is yours, please don't have it coated orange, leave that for some SF, they come out highly nice, but surely not a McGizmo! :sick2:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got a few lights back from jslappa, which have been coated. The color choice is obviously up to you, but think if you want to have it glossy or not.

I have a blue titanium EX10, that one is very nice, it's somewhat grey with a hint of steel blue and not glossy at all, I preffer it flat. Now, the question is, which colors are glossy and which are not? Perhaps the darker, the glossier?

While I said the choice is yours, please don't have it coated orange, leave that for some SF, they come out highly nice, but surely not a McGizmo! :sick2:

Jslappa said that the white is pretty flat as well. I definitely prefer flat colors so I'm glad to hear that blue titanium is one of them. I imagine satin mag would be too as satin and glossy are pretty much polar opposites.

:laughing: As to the "no orange please" request I think I agree with you. I do love orange, but I wasn't sure about doing the PD-S in it. I might have to stick with finding an Orange MD2 or maybe a Delghi Iris for my fix. :grin2:

Thanks for your thoughts Henk_Lu! :thumbsup:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I say, go for the blue! A darker color would be pretty classy. :thumbsup:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I say, go for the blue! A darker color would be pretty classy. :thumbsup:

Yeah, when I saw the Blue Titanium it looked pretty nice. Darker colors are definitely classy while the lighter ones are flashy.

Any thoughts as to an anodized bezel/clip color to go with the blue?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

no anno on the clip, it'd make the blue stand out more on the body!

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, perhaps you could polish it, and get it encrusted with cubic zirconia :naughty:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I went with blue that's what I was thinking too. Then maybe I'd get some gold anno on the bezel and clip of the black slate PD...:thinking:

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened

I haven't seen blue done before. Where did you get that clip from?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree on the plain ti. I just got the hookup with a man whose last name ends with wood and thought some nice anno would spice up the light. Maybe I'll do the clip and bezel of my new stock black slate in gold and keep the blue plain ti. Whaddya think

that sounds like an excellent idea :)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

battle scars are cool, pretty lights are for pansies

:whistle:

redbike

Newly Enlightened

A lone vote for the orange cerakote - it's a bang-up color. But, what color are you going to paint that battery pac you've pictured next to the light? :nana:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

A lone vote for the orange cerakote - it's a bang-up color. But, what color are you going to paint that battery pac you've pictured next to the light? :nana:

I do love me some orange cerakote. Though now I'm leaning towards the Blue Titanium. Have to see what the missus thinks about it tonight. :) That's the original owners zippo. :grin2:

notsofast

Enlightened

Well you know the prettier the color the more you will have to wrestle with the Misses for use of it.