KX4 LED Conversion on SF G2?

Mulie1

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

Has anyone done a LED conversion on their SureFire G2 Nitrolon? I have an older G2 and I am considering upgrading it. It seems pretty pricey for what you get. It seems a little crazy to upgrade with a $52 head. Does any one know where I can get a P60L lamp assembly (now discontinued by SF)? The price point makes a lot more sense I am not sure why it was disco'd.

Thanks!!

Mulie1

Cole07

Enlightened
Hi there,

Has anyone done a LED conversion on their SureFire G2 Nitrolon? I have an older G2 and I am considering upgrading it. It seems pretty pricey for what you get. It seems a little crazy to upgrade with a $52 head. Does any one know where I can get a P60L lamp assembly (now discontinued by SF)? The price point makes a lot more sense I am not sure why it was disco'd.

Thanks!!

Mulie1
It was more than likely discontinued because it was no longer comptetive with any other LEDs. The KX4 is great. You won't be disapointed.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

Thanks!!

Mulie1

For what your going to spend on a P60L you might as well go ahead and get the KX4. I have a 6P LED with a p60L, it puts out a useful amount of light, but really isn't impressive at all, an has an "angry blue" tint to boot. Good luck in whatever choice you make.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I bought my KX4 for $56.42 from Lapolicegear and later saw on Ebay the New KX4 G2L-BK for $65. I kicked myself in the *** after because I could have paid the difference and got the whole light. I have seen great deals on the new KX4 6PLs and G2Ls also pop up on CPFMP as well as P60Ls for around $20-$25. Here is a my thread with the KX4 on my lights. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/282062

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Also, with the older G2's you would probably need the aluminum bezel as well as the LED. Much better choice to just buy a new G2L. Then you have a spare light...:wave:

ARA

Enlightened
Also, with the older G2's you would probably need the aluminum bezel as well as the LED. Much better choice to just buy a new G2L. Then you have a spare light...:wave:

Is'nt the KX4 a complete head assembly with a bezel ?? :thinking:

hotlight

Enlightened
Clash of terminology there!
The KX4 is an LED bezel - a single component not intended to be disassembled. This is the same as other LED bezels such as the KL5 etc.

does this mean that I can't swap a P60 style drop-in, into a kx4 bezel?

hotlight

Enlightened
The KX4 is a dedicated LED bezel.
You can not use a Lamp Assembly or aftermarket drop-in in an LED bezel.

Al

:oops:bought one thinking I could swap out "modules"/LA... oh well, it will be my glovebox light(maybe toolbox). Im still happy tho:duh2:

now to figure out the difference between: KX4 and KX4F

thanks for the response

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
:oops:bought one thinking I could swap out "modules"/LA... oh well, it will be my glovebox light(maybe toolbox). Im still happy tho:duh2:

now to figure out the difference between: KX4 and KX4F

thanks for the response

Must be a new item because I haven't seen a KX4F just the regular KX4 (in all its various colors)