Who's buying the new Olight SR-91?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, this may be an unconventional question but I was wondering who's planning on buying the SR-91?

I'm interested in one and I'd like to check it out but knowing that I AM extremely picky, I don't want to just check it out and then not be able to return it or have to pay the 15% restocking fee (which by the way I think IS reasonable if you just go ahead and change your mind).

So my question is if someone is buying one and if we can work something out so I can try it out somehow? I buy it and then if I don't like it, you buy it from me or whatever?

Dunno if it sounds retarded but again, I'd like to check one out and it seems like there aren't too many flash crazy people in my area.

HOWEVER, IF someone in my area is getting one, please let me know. I'm right outside Charlotte, NC and by the way, I'm still thinking of trying to organize a get together in the fall 'cause it's too damn hot to do it now.

Also, just FYI, IF I get one, I'll make my mind up in about five minutes flat so that's about the usage it'll get before I decide if I want it or not so IF someone does this with me, it'll be in the same condition they sent it out.

Yes, I do have a very short decision process but I like to check stuff out live so to speak.

Later peeps

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one anyway. I'm really intrigued by 1500 lumens for three hours! Sweet! :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one anyway. I'm really intrigued by 1500 lumens for three hours! Sweet! :)

I wish I could afford one. Really looks like a great light. I can't wait to read the reviews.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hell, I was thinking of doing a passaround myself but I'm thinking that maybe that's a little too nice of me. I'll never get to use it then :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Hell, I was thinking of doing a passaround myself but I'm thinking that maybe that's a little too nice of me. I'll never get to use it then :)

That's nice of you to even consider but that sort of risk should be on the dealer or manufacturer. 4Sevens did it. Thrunite did it. Olight or one of its big distributers could afford to do it too.

I'd be afraid to try it. I'd have to buy one then. It looks really nice.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's nice of you to even consider but that sort of risk should be on the dealer or manufacturer. 4Sevens did it. Thrunite did it. Olight or one of its big distributers could afford to do it too.

I'd be afraid to try it. I'd have to buy one then. It looks really nice.

I keep telling people I'm a nice guy but the *******s don't believe me... :devil:

...and you're right, you prolly would buy it.
Let's see what I think about it. I'm so damn picky I could very well turn right around and sell it or at least when the next big thing comes out..you know, 3-5000 lumens and 5 hours runtime or sumptin' :whistle:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Really powerful LED lights will appeal to me more when smaller and cheaper. Otherwise my temptation is to go HID.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
unless you are security/police/military i cant think of a real world use for a light that does 1500 lumens

for the money this light costs i can buy 4 really nice practical lights.

(more if i buy used, which i normally do)

most people only use about 100 lumens.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/256262

i dont need a car that can do 200 mph either,

the speed limit is 70 where i live.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno. In my opinion you can't have enough lumens. Do I NEED it? What's that have to do with anything... :devil:

Besides, if that's the argument, why do most of us have more than a couple of lights...seriously...

recDNA

Flashaholic
unless you are security/police/military i cant think of a real world use for a light that does 1500 lumens
I don't have much real world use for most of my flashlights but I like them to blaze! Oh, and I'd like the 200 mph car too!

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get it, did you mean to say anything or just quote his comments?

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Dunno. In my opinion you can't have enough lumens. Do I NEED it? What's that have to do with anything... :devil:

Besides, if that's the argument, why do most of us have more than a couple of lights...seriously...

Exactly. I now own 11 lights :ohgeez: - just got the Dereelight DBS. Do I need that much output or throw? No. Probably about 10 of my lights are unnecessary and serve no 'practical' purpose 99% of the time. If anyone is convinced that they really need to own more than a couple decent lights, they're kidding no one but themselves.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't get it, did you mean to say anything or just quote his comments?
I am posting from my phone. It is a little tricky. I accidentally entered the text in the middle of his quote.

red02

Enlightened
Exactly. I now own 11 lights :ohgeez: - just got the Dereelight DBS. Do I need that much output or throw? No. Probably about 10 of my lights are unnecessary and serve no 'practical' purpose 99% of the time. If anyone is convinced that they really need to own more than a couple decent lights, they're kidding no one but themselves.

But what happens if you need to lend a few lights, some of your older lights fail and you need a -very- powerful light to check if your car is fully functional in the garage?

I'll keep my super lights thank you very much...

You can never be too prepared, right?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am posting from my phone. It is a little tricky. I accidentally entered the text in the middle of his quote.

Hell, I've got a stinkin' $700 phone and still don't know how the damn thing works so I understand :sick2:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
But what happens if you need to lend a few lights, some of your older lights fail and you need a -very- powerful light to check if your car is fully functional in the garage?

I'll keep my super lights thank you very much...

You can never be too prepared, right?

Isn't that what I just said? :devil: