looking for a affordable compact MC-E light.

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
I have several lights most are on the throwy side of things. I would like a very strong flood light. Thinking MC-E or even P7. want a nice high quality light probably something that will take 18650 and be compact. hopefully in the ~$100 range. I have a C2 host I could use if there is a good drop in for it. What are my options?

TIA.:wave:

ETA I would really like the rumored 4sevens M500 but at their current rate it will be a year before its out. Also if cree is coming out with something new in the quad die market I can wait. I'm not in a super hurry for this.

Last edited:

Cole07

Enlightened
iTP A6 Polestar is about 70 to 80 dollars and is 600+ lumens using an MC-E and 6xAA batteries. Probably worth looking at. I've heard its very floody compared to most MC-E lights.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
why go mce when sst is newer tech?

shiningbeam has a great MG 18650 sst light for $70.

gnef

Enlightened
I believe the M500 was cancelled. They are still planning an S12 and an S18, but I am quite positive those will be significantly beyond your price range when they come out.

Definitely consider sst-50 lights, as there is a whole range of them out now, many of them are flood lights.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well from what I understand the SST-50 is less floody than the mc-e. I think a good choice would be buying a p60 host and then throwing a linger special in there.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower D Mini-EX is a great light, very overlooked due to the Ultra VX hitting the market shortly after it's intro. It has really wide side-spill and almost the same throw as the VX Ultra. Well under $100. Plus it comes with 16340 and 18650 battery tubes. No donut hole in the spot. Perfect. Batteryjunction is selling them for $76 with CPF discount.

theshorelinemarket_2112_4030728

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
nailbender SST-90 or Linger special(2 XPGs) drop in for your C2.

I have the nailbender SST-90 with OP. and it floods very nicely. giant hotspot, with bright spill.

recDNA

Flashaholic
If you really want to save a buck go with the Xtar MC-E. Half of your budget can go to another need. Really nice beam. No black hole in the middle. Single 18650 but it must have a button top so no AW flat top.

It only has three modes - low, turbo, strobe but I don't use MC-E lights for reading maps or multi-hour use so low and turbo are all I need. I hate strobe in any flashlight but what can you do? Most have it.