help me with these.,

showlyshah

Banned
Hey dudes i am trying to make 2 lights. And i have few questions to ask.
1. My first light goes up with a prolight 5w led on a german made britelite body. Britelite is a german company making different lights with led,xenone bipin, halogen fixing.
I hav a model which comes with a leuxon 3w led. I moded it with a 5w prolight led having 7.3-7.5 vf @ 700 ma rating. So i use 2*18650 li-ion in series giving me a 2000 ma at 7.4v.. Itz protected. And i am direct driving. The light give good o/p with enough trow and flood. This is becoz the led's size is large and also the reflector is that much good. The company claims the light range upto 1.5 km with stock leuxon!. But my 5w is pretty big.
My qestion is that does it is safe to drive the led at 2000 ma? My tailcap reading is 700 ma. The voltage is correct. But what abt the amp? The led have enough heatsink. So no problem with that. Pls help.
2. My next light goes with ssc p7. And i am using the same light housing. (I have another same one for the ssc p7.) And going to direct drive the p7 with 2 parallel 18650. Totalling 4 amps @ 3.6 v. A driver is hard to find in my area. So i have the only option to direct drive. My question is do i hav to limit the amp to 2.8 with some circuit such as an lm 317 reg ic? Or can i connect the batt directly to led? Such as i hav done with the 5w? Does the led will take only what it needed? Or wil it be burned out? My aim is to get the max o/p and a long runtime. Pls help.
And one more thing. A c bin ssc p7 cost me only 625 indian rupees including shiping. Ie less than 16$. is it a nice deal? And the worst thing is it is hard to get inside india. And i cant get any supplier who sales a sst 90 or sst 50. I am searching for one. But for an import from outside the country cost me more tham 4 times the original cost.:'(. The fact is that ebay india sales the same ssc p7 at 1500 inr. Ie 33+ $.:-o. Thankz to the retali seller.

Hey dudes pls help me. Itz urgent.

Dudes my post is going 2 get a century in termz of views. And still no replies. Hey dudes i am a newer. So it is very hard 4 me 2 decide. So ur help is very important 4 me. I dnt knw why i dont get any replies!!!!!!!!

Last edited: