Thinking of Sure: Which one is value for money?

GOLOK

Newly Enlightened
E2E-HA, C2-HA or Z3?

I don't own any Surefire but I have my eyes on a couple. I was just wondering which one (for a start) would be worth collecting first?

Value for money - a lot of people say E2E-HA but I also like the Z3. What do you think?

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I use my E2E-HA everyday I'm at work, and it performs flawlessly. A set of batteries lasts me about 3-4 weeks, but I probably only use it a few minutes each day checking the inside of a few switchgear cabinets and checking out gauges around the plant.

I highly recommend it if an L4 is a little too costly. I prefer small lights, which is why I love the E2E. It also has a more durable bulb than other Sure's, or so it would seem.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Thinking of Sure: Which one is value for money

If money is an issue..... G2 ...hands down winner.

If you can go to $75 or so.. E2e .. you can put the lower power, longer running lamp in it or buy the KL4 LED head when money is not as tight.

GregR

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Without knowing what you are going to use it for, I'd say get whichever one you think you'll be happiest with.
The Z3 is my only Surefire and it puts out an imppressive amount of light with both the 100 lumen and 200 lumen lamp. I will say I was unhappy with the stock tailcap switch, I personally like the clickie switch MUCH better. Sadly I'm too cheap to actually use my light and it mainly just gets flashed once and awhile to make me go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The 200 lumen lamp is good for that.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If money is an issue, G2 wins by a mile. If you are willing to spend a little bit more, go with the E2e in the HA finish. If your wallet will handle a little more, get a L4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shrap

Enlightened

Get a G2, especially since all the other lights will be supplanted/replaced with their 5W LS relatives in the next year or so.

Remember that the Z and G Series don't have Pocketclips, so they're harder to carry. It only matters if you're going to EDC it.

Catman10

Enlightened

I think your question begs more information on the factors that impact you decision. I personally find the combat grip very useful.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i have a C2 and i think its one of the most versatile 2-cell surefires because of its grip ring and pocket clip.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get an M2 and KL3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

if you're going to use the KL3 exclusively, getting a C2 would be more wise since the bodies of the C2 and M2 are identical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still prefer my E2e. Mine is a Camo version, but out of those lights, it's got the most power for the smallest size and easiest to carry and it has MANY options. Here's the short list (#'s are lumens): MN02 @ 25; MN03 @ 60; KL1's in white, red, green, blue; and the KL4. I think the E2e is the MOST versatile.

BUT ALSO:

If you don't intend to carry it on your person 24/7, the G2 is awesome for the money. You have the option for 65/120 lumens depending on which LA, but something else not mentioned here is that you can take a G2 and turn it into a "G3" with minimal effort (and another $50) and also without destroying the light. The conversion to a G3 gives you 105/200 lumens.

Just some food for thought...

rookie

Enlightened

No matter which one you chose, you will be happy with it. However, about a week later after you go "WOW, that sure is bright", you can't help but wonder what the next upgrade will look like. Then you will be wanting the next level up. And once you get that, you will then want the newest Surefire out, and from thereon, your wallet will get lighter and lighter (pun intended).

Again, no matter which one you chose, odds are you will not be disappointed. Be aware that each light is very durable and can last a long time. You don't have to have every one but it sure would be nice if you had a choice of which one to use.

Make sure you use and enjoy your Surefire!

shrap

Enlightened

If you want to use a Surefire 1W LS like the KL3, a new E2e, E2o or E1e would be best - it would be cheaper than a C2, and come with a clicky tailcap. No "tactical" use for the KL3.