Got our JetBeam RRT-2 XP-G R5 & Jet III M XP-G R5

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, just wanted to share that we got the RRT-2 R5 and Jet III M R5 last week. We kept bugging Jetbeam about it because we had a gunshow last week so we can showcase it there, also we did some tests on them, we'll upload the video once we finish:naughty:

Sorry for the crappy pics, i just used my phone cam.

we just got 6 units of RRT-2 R5 and Jet III M R5, there's is not indicator laser etched on the RRT-2 which says High, Med, Low etc probably bec we needed them in a hurry.

Also i cant figure out why they used the same tailcap switch for both RRT-2 and Jet III M

its brighter than the R2 up close but as expected the XR E throws farther

24072010191.jpg

24072010192.jpg

24072010198.jpg

stephenatl

Newly Enlightened
Nice! How do you like the Jet III M? Mine is still in the mail on its way....

Last edited:

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
it looks like they put a narrower jetIIIM reflector in the rrt-2...
anyhow, it's nice to see JB's efforts for switching promptly their products to the latest leds :thumbsup:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have RRT-2 with XP-G and I like it ;) Throws almost as good as XR-E. BTW, "official" one seems to have slightly smaller reflector.

p1070581n.jpg

uzirif

Newly Enlightened
Any other news about the updated Jets? :popcorn:

I hope the Jet IIIM will be available with the OP reflector like the XR-E version.

fyrstormer

Banned
Isn't the E3S a nice little light? It's gotta be the brightest 1xAA I've seen in a long time, and it's considerably smaller than the E3P on account of not having a thick plastic sleeve inside the battery tube.

uzirif

Newly Enlightened
Re: new Jets

Fenix, OLight, EagleTac, Dereelight, Wolf-Eyes etc. have their own tactical XP-G models.

What are you waiting for Jetbeam?:tired: At this rate the XP-G will become obsolete.:ohgeez:

CPFBiology

Enlightened
The Jetbeam III-M R5 is now running at 355 lumens, about 105 lumens more than the R2 edition. So you can decide based on that. The R5 is driven a little harder at the maximum setting, and has a bit less runtime on maximum (2.5h vs. 3.0h/18650 battery). But these are manufacturer specs.

I am definitely going for the R5. 105 lumens isn't significantly brighter as far as the eyes can see, but it is noticeable.

Ecodelosandes

Newly Enlightened
Mine is now on Customs office, i'll go for it tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Since i've ordered the two reflectors for the RRT-2 R5, i'll try to do comparative beamshots for the two of them in the night.

Ecodelosandes

Newly Enlightened
My RRT-2 R5 is now in home! :party:
I'm begining to learn to upload photos to the post, so please be both patient an indulgent with me in this regard.

CPFBiology, i'm sorry to say that the OP reflector that came with the order doesn't match the RRT-2 head, as you can see: :shakehead

5010968310_d6fc745a7b.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
5010949084_7901f58e99.jpg
[/URL][/img]

There will be not comparison beamshot for the SMO Vs OP reflectors, sorry...:whistle:

I've taken some outdoors beamshots for the RRT-2 R5 (SMO) Vs Olight M20 R2 (SMO), but i'll post they tomorrow with some others pictures of the light and details changed from the R2 version. Now is time to go to bed. :tired: :thumbsup: