Wuben        
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1791

Thread: Malkoff "Hound Dog"

Default Re: Malkoff "Hound Dog"

Itís in the runtime thread. In short I wanted to see if she would fire up with 2XAA? Dam thing ran for something like 13 days! Because itís a thrower even when it got down to 2-3 lumens it was still able to light up a wall 15 feet away and you could easily walk around with it.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Oh man, that is awesome! Always looking for a way to get multiple uses out of a piece of gear -- will have to keep that in mind for emergency preps.

Ya honestly the only light I have had that was capable of running longer then that is my HDS.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    I've been meaning to order a Hound Dog for a while now -- finally did it, no doubt helped along a bit by an e-mailed coupon code and looking through this thread again. Went with the HD 18650 Neutral turnkey kit
    Great choice! That was my first Malkoff. Had it for three years now and I will never sell it. The only thing it can't do is fit comfortably in a pocket, but I find ways to bring it along.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Fanny pack? 😂😂😂

Man purse. I prefer to call it an edc bag or day pack. lol

At least they have camo versions now...

Woot! The HD 18650 Neutral was delivered today, talk about fast shipping, only three days from door-to-door.

First impressions out of the box -- you guys and gals weren't kidding -- what an awesome light! The 18650 cells are charging at the moment, so I grabbed a pair of CR123 primaries to test the flashlight. Everything works great, and conducting a highly unscientific test in a dark room (with a piece of white paper and a smartphone lightmeter app), I show a color temp. of around 4000K on high mode, and around 3700K on low. Talk about right on the money.

I can see how folks are saying that the neutral emitter tint tends to be slightly skewed towards the yellow side of things. Definitely there, but only when compared to other lights. And for outdoor use here, it'll be ideal. I was a little unsure before ordering the light if it would be tough to switch between high/low modes using one hand, but the milled grooves on the head make it really easy. Perfect for having a dog leash in one hand, and the Hound Dog in the other.

Now to wait for nightfall to really put it to the test!
    Last edited by bigfoot; 09-21-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Is it smaller then you thought it was going to be? I remember when my got delivered and I saw the box. I was like oh no! I ordered a HD what he send me. Lol all was good of corse but I guess in my head I pictured this big old thing not a relatively small light that you can put in your coat pocket

^^ Yes, exactly! ^^

Was totally surprised when I opened the box -- amazing how they packed all that Malkoff goodness into a light that size! Honestly, it just makes it that much better, now this thing will be going everywhere, LOL.

I was a little unsure before ordering the light if it would be tough to switch between high/low modes using one hand...
    I find that high/low switching is quite easy with an under hand grip, although the condition of the O-ring will contribute to the amount of tension.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Is it smaller then you thought it was going to be?
    I imagined that my HD 18650 would be a massive, ungainly beast, but it's actually quite diminutive, considering it's capabilities. Winter is coming! A word to the wise. Keep the Hound Dog on low mode when you stash it in your coat pocket. If the light is accidentally activated in high mode, you are unlikely to notice it until it melts the lens. This has happened to at least one CPF'er.
    Last edited by Modernflame; 09-21-2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Brevity

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    A word to the wise. Keep the Hound Dog on low mode when you stash it in your coat pocket. If the light is accidentally activated in high mode, you are unlikely to notice it until it melts the lens. This has happened to at least one CPF'er.
    Good idea, thanks for the tip! Noticed that the low mode is quite a bit brighter than I thought it would be, too.

I havenít heard anything about run time on low🤔 mine draws only 80 mah with a 18650. If my math is correct ďand it never is😂Ē it should run over 20 hours at close to full power. Think I found something to do ďstartĒ tomorrow.

Just in case anyone was wondering how long a 18650 HD will run on low itís now on hour 7 Iíll let you know what I get.

Just in case anyone was wondering how long a 18650 HD will run on low itís now on hour 7 Iíll let you know what I get.
    Thanks for doing that. I'll be very interested in the voltage at the end of your test.

Oh Iím sure Iíll catch hell for what it reads but Iíll let you all know 😁
    Last edited by thermal guy; 09-22-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Wow, nice!

You guys are killing me. Now I need to have an 18650 HD (to update my V3 of course).
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Update. 20 hours in and absolutely no change in output. At this point Iím still able to switch to high and get what appears to be full power! My boss who doesnít understand the importance of this test said I needed to be into work today. ďSome people rightĒ anyways Iím sure she will still be going when I get home and will update further 😁

Just tell them you needed to stay home and take care of your dog. I mean, it's true -- just don't specify *which* dog... LOL

Thanks for the low mode test. I won't be surprised if it goes over 50.

Makes me wish I hadn't sold mine now.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Just signed up for notification when neutral HD 18650's are back in stock. That'll put things right here once again...
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Update 30 hours and no change! Will still switch over to high.I'm thinking 40-50 hours is possible.

Just tell them you needed to stay home and take care of your dog. I mean, it's true -- just don't specify *which* dog... LOL
    Oh! Thatís a good one. Should of tried that lol. 33 hours in BTW

33 hours in BTW
    It's like the Energizer Bunny! Keeps going and going and going...

Oh! Thatís a good one. Should of tried that lol. 33 hours in BTW
    Next time you have to switch it off to deal with your irksome, obtuse employer, would you kindly check the voltage? Not asking you to check often, I just wonder where the 3.5v line is in relation to run time. Please and thank you.

At 33.5 hours my keep power 18650/3500 is at 3.47

At 33.5 hours my keep power 18650/3500 is at 3.47
    Thanks, bro! That's an encouraging result. If you need a Hound Dog's low beam longer than that, you're really lost or screwed because the sun will have risen at least a couple of times before your battery dies.

Flashaholic

This lo thing is making me rethink not "needing" a hd 18650.....

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960 LastLast