HELP WITH OLIGHT M21

NCT1

Newly Enlightened
HELP!

I tried to get the black rubber boot off of the tailcap and it ripped off, how do you actually get it off and put the glow in the dark one on.

Thanks

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
I believe you have to take the tail cap apart in order to switch up the rubber boot. In order to do this you need a special tool. The only place I know you can get this tool is in a kit from 4Sevens website. The kit is called the Quark Boot Kit.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_304&products_id=1803

The only problem is I don't know if the tool is the same measured length/size as the Olight tail cap.

Sorry I can't be of more help! :eek:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Probably can do this withOUT any special tool.

Use a SMALL pair of Needle-Nose Pliers.

Oughta' do the trick just DANDY !

Good Luck !

:wave:
_

lebox97

Enlightened
:welcome:

yup what Burgess said, using small forceps, tweezers, ring pliers, bent paper clip, ect
insert into the two holes/indents, and unscrew the switch retaining ring from inside tail cap - remove ring, switch and button. Then reverse procedure.

Tod

Probably can do this withOUT any special tool.

Use a SMALL pair of Needle-Nose Pliers.

Oughta' do the trick just DANDY !

Good Luck !

:wave:
_

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up guys! You just saved NCT1 some $$$! Always a good thing around here, lol! :thumbsup:

NCT1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up guys! You just saved NCT1 some $$$! Always a good thing around here, lol! :thumbsup:

Yes, thanks everyone, I now have the GID rubber cap, and I used a pair of tweezers, and that money I saved will help fund another flashlight! :twothumbs