Are there any drop-ins available for the Gladius Maximis?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Are there any drop-ins available for the Gladius Maximis? I'm thinking about buying one. I really like the style and especially the UI on this light. I want to retain the UI, but would like to install a drop-in with 300+ lumens. The stock rating for the light is only at 120 lumens. Retaining the stock UI is a must!

So, does anyone know if there are there any drop-ins available for the Gladius Maximis?

thanks

This is a fabulous UI:
gladius1.jpg

gladius2.jpg

-

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There aren't any drop-ins for the gladius because the electronics is not a separate item. You can change out the LED if you have some know-how to do it.

Also, you need to watch out for parasitic drain as there are some complaints about batteries getting drained rather quickly while the gladius is stored.

The gladius is not a highly modifiable light. Neither is the Insight Technology H2X Typhoon, its identical and much cheaper twin made by the same company.

If you want drop-in moddability, go to the P60 host thread and look at the lights on that list. There is a link to the thread if you go to the P60 drop-in thread.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
120?

The stock version is only 80 lumens. You can upgrade it to 160 by sending it in to Night-Ops. Or, purchasing the above mentioned Typhoon version. (Exactly the same light, but without "Gladius" printed on it; and already comes with the 160 lumen upgrade.)

Due to the complex nature of the light, you can't easily upgrade the output the way you can with a SureFire 6P.

I have a stock Gladius. Parasidic drain is definitely a problem with mine. Changing batteries is a ridiculously complicated procedure. And while mine has a properly fitted tailcap, the others I've seen for sale had poorly fitted tailcaps. The U.I. is great. But the light represents a dead-end in flashlight evolution.