Eagletac vs eagletac

FlameOn

Enlightened
Is there any major difference between the eagletac T20c2 and the p20C2 other than a strobe mode and bit more aggressive styling on the tactical model? I've been taking a hard look at these lights an I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on one...of course, the Fenix PD-30 is still an option also....oy vey....so many choices...:)

red02

Enlightened
Throw if they are the XRE versions IIRC the T20C2 reaches out further... no clue about the XPG versions.

greentaco

Newly Enlightened
The T20c2 uses either 123A or 18650 (rechargeable) batteries while the P20C2 uses only 123A.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
I believe the p series is slightly thinner and may be more pocketable if you're pocket carrying them. I haven't held a t series, but I've been told they're slightly larger.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T20c2 uses either 123A or 18650 (rechargeable) batteries while the P20C2 uses only 123A.

The P20C2 MkII uses either 2 CR123 primaries, 2 RCR123 LIon cells, or 1 17670 LIon; the output is identical on all configurations. Best run-time is achieved with the 17670.

PJD

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have both the T20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF) and the P20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF).

Both are great lights - however, I actually like the P20C2 Mk II a little better - it has a bit more flood.

It is true that the tactical model has a tiny bit more throw - but now much.

When I shine both down my rear alleyway at night - the difference in throw is not really that noticible. But the more flood from the P20C2 Mk II is.

The P20 is also cheaper, and smaller. It is my new EDC light. Honestly, for the money - I'd get the P20C2 Mk II

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one would have the brighter spill?

Since both are the same OTF lumens, the spill brightness will be the same as well. The only difference is that the T20C2 MkII has a wider spill.

PJD

red02

Enlightened
Since both are the same OTF lumens, the spill brightness will be the same as well. The only difference is that the T20C2 MkII has a wider spill.

PJD

The same lumens spread over a wider area will give you less overall brightness or lux... I guess I answered my own question.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the T20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF) and the P20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF).

Both are great lights - however, I actually like the P20C2 Mk II a little better - it has a bit more flood.

It is true that the tactical model has a tiny bit more throw - but now much.

When I shine both down my rear alleyway at night - the difference in throw is not really that noticible. But the more flood from the P20C2 Mk II is.

The P20 is also cheaper, and smaller. It is my new EDC light. Honestly, for the money - I'd get the P20C2 Mk II

+1

I to like the P20 better the T20 only throws just a tad better. The T20 makes for a better duty light it has a little more grip and easier to use with a handgun and you can use 18650 battery's. Which ever model you choose get the textured reflector and not the smooth reflector, with the smooth their is a donut in the center of the hotspot and it actually throws less or about the same as the textured reflector but with the textured you get a nice hotspot with no dark spot in the center. If you do not see the textured reflector as a option from whatever dealer you looking at contact them and ask for it or try another dealer, their is a few places I know you can specifically ask for it like PTS and Illumination Gear.

Edit- I almost forgot about the PD30 I don't think you can go wrong with that either the XPG model is not as bright as the P20 but it's still very bright and has better runtimes. I carry it often switching between the PD30 and P20, the difference is the PD30 is smaller so it's slightly easier to carry and the quick access to multiple modes and being able to have those different modes for extended runtimes is very reassuring and practical. Two cr123 battery's last longer in my PD30 than any light I own because it always starts in low and I can move up in output and use only the minimum amount if light needed or I can always blast it up on high with a couple quick taps on the tailcap or go even higher and blast it up on turbo. It also has the anti-roll lugs I like so much and can tailstand. Tough choices indeed..

Last edited:

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have both the T20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF) and the P20C2 Mk II (300 lumens OTF)..........

When I shine both down my rear alleyway at night - the difference in throw is not really that noticible. But the more flood from the P20C2 Mk II is.......

What reflectors do you have in these lights? As you know (but others may not), EagleTac gives the option of selecting either SMO or OP. What's in your lights?

thanks

-

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
I use my T20C2 mkII with the neutral emitter and the SMO reflector almost all the time. The neutral modules uses an XP-E emitter so it basically like an XR-E (no donut hole) without the Cree rings. I has a tight hotspot for very good throw, enough spill to be usable (P20C2 will have more though, as will the XP-G modules), nice tint, and a smooth beam pattern. The low mode doesn't seem to be as low on the neutral modules as on the XP-G modules though, and the neutrals are only 190 lumens on max. Still those 190 lumens in the neutral will out-throw the 300 lumens from the XP-G - the extra lumens seem to be in a larger spot with more spill.

I also have the XP-G modules to experiment with, and if you're going to go that route you definitely want the OP reflector. The SMO module with the XP-G has a very pronounced donut hole effect, but the OP yields a very smooth beam. Throw is a little bit less with the OP, but the spill is a little brighter and it eliminates the donut hole - definitely a good trade-off if using the XP-G.

Last edited:

FlameOn

Enlightened
It also shows cool white and neutral..which is better for police work? Also, is the OP better for a police light or should I just order the standard reflector? So far, from this excellent pool of wisdom, I have narrowed it down the the P20C2 and the Fenix PD30....with my OCD, I should decide by mid March....:)

Last edited:

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
Both the T20C2 mkII and the P20C2 mkII use replaceable drop-in modules instead of swappable reflectors. You can get the modules for the T20C2 mkII from a lot of places, but the only place I know of right now that you can get individual modules for the P20C2 mkII is IlluminationGear.com.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
.....So far, from this excellent pool of wisdom, I have narrowed it down the the P20C2 and the Fenix PD30....with my OCD, I should decide by mid March....:)

I have both of those lights you mention. IMHO this is a no-brainer. The EagleTac wins hands-down, it is brighter and the UI is easier to manipulate. Get the P20C2 XP-G R5 MkII with the OP reflector. :thumbsup:

EDIT: since I have both of these lights at hand, I thought I'd snap a quick side-by-side pic for you:
p20c2andpd30.jpg

-

Last edited:

FlameOn

Enlightened
Thanks SS..that's a big help...I know it shouldn't matter but I really like the look of the eagletac over the fenix...and since it won't be in my pocket, the size difference isn't all that important...:)

shipwreck

Enlightened
What reflectors do you have in these lights? As you know (but others may not), EagleTac gives the option of selecting either SMO or OP. What's in your lights?

thanks

-

OP - Illumination Gear discontinued carrying the smooth reflectors for these models.

As for colors - I have the cool white on all 3 of my eagletacs, and on the 4th I just ordered last night :)

Eagletacs-2.jpg

Eagletacs-1.jpg

Last edited:

FlameOn

Enlightened
These pics are making me salivate...so it looks like a P20C with cool white ....:)