Re trits next to emitters

pugga

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.

I am wanting to put some trits around the emitters or near in a triple XP-G dropin I have made and just wanted to see what others have done and how they have gone in the long run. I will be mounting the trits in the triple with norland. Can the trits and norland hold up ok with the heat that the triples (have an MC-E also) will generate. I have seen a few pics with them mounted right next to the emitter in I assume norland or glow powder/epoxy but am concerned they might break/crack with the heat.

Cheers pugga

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Here's some that I've done, never had an issue with any of them:

This one mounted with epoxy. I'm not the first to do this, I know there have been many other mods similar to this
Img_8578.jpg

Img_8528.jpg

I believe I'm the only one to have done these, mounted with glow epoxy:
Img_9340.jpg

Img_9354.jpg

Img_1806.jpg

Img_1809.jpg

Img_1811.jpg

If you just want to mount them in place, plain epoxy would probably hold better. If I'm way off from what you had in mind, sorry, don't mind me.

pugga

Newly Enlightened
Hi Darkzero,

Exactly what I was looking for, I have seen your glow epoxy rings and they look great. I have been thinking about trying some of them but just haven't gotten around to buying the glow powder and epoxy. I love the finish you get (from a bit of trial and error and experience). I hear the glow powder is much better than the glow rings. I guess I'm a little concerned about the heat given of by the triple xpg or MC-E and wanted to see how others had faired next to high powered emitters like the P7 or MC-E. I was even thinking about machining into the dropin the slots to hold the trits in place. Which glow powder and epoxy do you use?

Cheers pugga

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will find that the best powder is from Glowinc and the best epoxy is Devcon 2 ton epoxy. Make sure you don't buy the Loctite brand epoxy, it's not even close to being as good of quality and clear as Devcon.