Pocket Lights

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
6369293Lights.JPG

6369313Lighta.JPG

About two hours ago the UPS guy in that brown truck bought me 2 flashlights from the nice people at BrightGuy. A UK2AAA and a Pelican L1. I already had a Streamlight KeyMate. So now I have 3 pocket lights that I intend to EDC. I have the SL Keymate on a Lanyard that goes around my neck. The UK2AAA is going in my left front pocket and the Pelican L1 will be in my right front pocket. So if I am ever in a room where the lights go out, I should be OK.

The UK2AAA is the one on the left and it is the brightest with it xenon lamp. It also came with this neat little clip that lets me attach it to the brim of my John Deere cap.

The Pelican L1 is in the middle and it is the least brightest of the 3. However, it will probably become my favorite because it has click switch on the tail. I like a click switch far more than I do the twist on/off bezel. It's a LED and that is another point in it's favor.

The Streamlight KeyMate is the one on the right. Like the Pelican it is a LED. It is obviously brighter that the Pelican. New batteries in the Pelican and old batteries in the Streamlight and the SL is still brighter. However, brightest does not always have to mean best in a flashlight. The click switch on the Pelican gives it a big edge over the SL for me.

I am going to try to get that UPS guy in the brown truck to bring me a SL Scorpion soon. The Scorpion will not be an EDC but I have visions of it being on my belt when I walk Duke. That is my dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James

paulr

Flashaholic
UK 2AAA is a nice light but you might also check out the PT Blast.

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
A "John Deere" cap and a dog named Duke? You should live in Tennessee.

(I can say that 'cause I'm a Tennessean... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

--Matt

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watch that stuff about Tennessee !!!

You know how you can tell if you'r a redneck ?

If your front porch falls down, you kill at least three dogs...and squash at least twenty flashlights !!!

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
Got family in Tennessee. Will be going there for a family reunion in September. To stay on topic, I 'll be taking some flashlights with me too. In the trunk will be my new 1.2 million CP rechargeable spot light. In the center console will be my Brinkmann Rebel. Even though the Rebel is an el cheap O ($14.00 WalMart) LED light, it is a very good little light for the money. I like the pattern it throws on the wall (almost a perfect round circle) better than any LED I have ever seen. Soon I plan to add a SL Scorpion to my collection. I'll put that in the console also. Of course I'll have my 3 pocket lights on me too.

James