Zebralight SC60

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I was hoping the H51F would come out soon, but I guess this is being released before the H51F.

LED: Cree XP-G Cool White (color temperature 6100-6500 K)
User Selectable Modes: 3 (High, Medium and Low). Each mode can be configured to one of the two sub-levels.
Light Output and Runtimes
High: H1 270 Lm (2 hrs) or H2 140 Lm (4.1 hrs)
Medium: M1 38 Lm (25 hrs) or M2 10.5 Lm (72 hrs)
Low: L1 2.3 Lm (10.5 days) or L2 0.18 Lm (41 days)
Light output are Out The Front (OTF) values.
Battery: One 18650 size (up to 67mm long) 3.7V Li-ion battery. Batteries are not included in the pacakge.

http://www.zebralight.com/SC60-Flashlight-18650-270Lm-_p_38.html

Edit: I emailed Zebralight, and they confirmed this will accept flat-topped cells.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah!!!

270lm from a 4'' pocket light with side clicky and smart UI! Nice!

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
Light Output and Runtimes
High: H1 270 Lm (2 hrs) or H2 140 Lm (4.1 hrs)
Medium: M1 38 Lm (25 hrs) or M2 10.5 Lm (72 hrs)
Low: L1 2.3 Lm (10.5 days) or L2 0.18 Lm (41 days)

Perfect modes for my needs.

I prefer it to be a head lamp with completely flood beam. Lillian please make a headlamp with exactly same UI

yowzer

Enlightened
Zebralights: Gotta get 'em all!

Once they come out with a neutral/warm tint version, at least.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
Sounds really nice, especially if there is a neutral white version. Looking forward to seeing some beam shots. I am hoping the hot spot will be slightly larger and transition smoothly into a spill that is slightly more concentrated and brighter than the spill on the SC50w. Glad they did away with the strobe in favor of another level. Hope the Trustfire red/black/flame true 2400 mAh 18650 works with it.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was excited when I heard the SC50 has been updated until I realized it's more of a mode re-arrangement. An real update would have the XP-G emitter and the new circuit for 200lm OTF from one Eneloop battery like the H51.

It looks like Zebralight is doing away with the emergency mode. The no-camping, cubicle worker crowd must have been vocal about their anti emergency mode mentality.

Last edited:

yowzer

Enlightened
It looks like Zebralight is doing away with the emergency mode. The no-camping, cubicle worker crowd must have been vocal about their anti emergency mode mentality.

And good for them for doing so. This camping, non-cubical worker has been pretty vocal about his dislike of strobes and other gimmick disco modes.

On another topic, the advertised output levels of the SC60 on medium and low are quite a bit different from those of the SC30 and 50, which are generally within a few lumens of each other. The 60's modes are a lot lower for the most part. I kind of wish the others followed that example.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went ahead and did the pre-order , I think at 4inches I will actually be able to pocket carry this light. One thing I hope is that flat top 18650's will work and one thing I wish was changed is just like the SC50 there is no memory on high. Most of the time I will either use the medium or the sub level 140, no big deal though.

I guess most important though is this light does ship in August..please :)

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Ok, this news just vaulted the SC60 past other 18650s on my short list. I will, like others though, wait for the neutral version (5B?). The mode spacing/arrangement looks to be ideal. And 4 inches with 18650?! :thumbsup:

I must confess, this is the first time I've looked at Zebralight; is the clip as bright as it appears in the pics? If so, what have others done to tone it down a skosh? (The search function isn't working for me right now...:()

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
Might order one when they come out in NW tint. I've determined that I'll only be buying future lights when they are available in NW tint, I really want a TK45...but only when it's NW.

I have faith in Zebralight, most of their other products have been offered in NW tint and I'll be on board to order once they offer the SC60 in NW.

Nice specs tho, 270lm in a itty bitty light like that...sweet.