Phoebus Rescue Convertible

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings! This is a review of the "Rescue Convertible Flashlight" For those of you unfamiliar with Phoebus you would be wise to check them out! Their website is http://www.phoebus.com/ They have a multitude of products and divisions.
This flashlight was acquired at the now infamous FCW-6 Flashaholics camping weekend. Thanks to all the sponsors!
This is the Convertible model which is part of their Rescue Series of Tactical Lights. It is able to use either 2 AA or 1 CR123, which in my opinion, is a great feature. Here is a picture of what you get.

IMG_7694.jpg

The light itself is of high quality. Type III anodized - Cree LED. Built like a tank. It is a single level no-nonsense light. Has a short smooth reflector that does a great job of getting rid of the Cree rings and gives a huge amount of side spill.
The hotspot is very intense and has a considerable amount of throw. Here is a picture of the CR123 version

IMG_7696.jpg

Here is a picture of the AA version. I've never had a 2 AA light. I must say that it is very nice to hold - good balance.

IMG_7697.jpg

And while we are at it, here is a poor picture of the reflector, but, you get the point.
IMG_7699.jpg

The AA sleeve really surprised me. It is very precise fitting. No battery rattle at all. Also the clip is facing the right way. If it is in single mode, you can clip it on your visor of your hat.

IMG_7708.jpg

Here is a beamshot in my garage. You can see the hotspot but, what you have to notice is the great spill beam. It gets wide fast, which I find very useful! Lit up the whole door and beyond. All in all a great light. Single mode, one button. So easy a wife could use it!

IMG_7777.jpg

Thank-you Phoebus for helping sponsor the FCW weekends!

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I found many nteresting products on their website. I never heard of them before.

Thanks

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks a lot like the Sterops kit that isn't made anymore. Wonder if Phoebus will have the headlamp accessory as well.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - Tailcap is a reverse clicky. Great for signaling if you need it. I'm sure there are other uses.:thumbsup:

I actually prefer forward clicky for signaling. Lot's of nice things on that website and the bezel on the rescue light's look a lot like Surefire.