• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: 2x SSC P4 Hi-CRI emitters.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, both are 93 CRI :D

IIRC it's at 350mA, and 10 is the average. min difference is none, max is 20 lumens.

fyrstormer

Banned
Now that you mention 350mA...what's the max current on these? Is it any different than "normal" P4s? As far as I know it isn't, but I suppose I should ask.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC the spec sheet says 800mA, but I've run them at 1A with no issues in 16 months time.

I will say that there isn't much extra gain in output past about 850mA with SSC emitters though. If you want to see a worthwhile gain from an SSC past 850mA, you have to jump straight to about 1.2A. For most of my uses, this is just way too big a hit to the efficiency.

For more info, take a look at the datasheet in the OP.

fyrstormer

Banned
I did, but it wasn't clear whether there were special considerations regarding the Hi-CRI emitters. Anyway, that confirms what I thought I already knew. I posted my interest in your group buy thread.

If anyone happens to have one of these on-hand, though, I'm still interested in buying one right now, so I can get the ball rolling on the project I'm going to use them for.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can probably help you out there. I'm sure I can find one to hold you over. Just shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.