Odd thing happened to my SF E1e+KL4 Bezel...

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
With the incredible service I received from Dan at "Tactical Warehouse", I received my newest flashlight in less than 48 hours. (WOW!) The KL4 head on an E1e body has to be seen to be believed! Last night, I stored my E1e in my gunsafe (on end) for a few hours while we went out. When I returned, I retrieved the light to look for another holster that is in my gunsafe also. I gave the end-cap (I ordered it like this) switch a quick twist expecting that phenomenal burst of light...and it didn't happen. All I got was dim light which flickered and went out. I took my new E1e+KL4 apart and wiped the battery, terminals, and the inside of the body with a tissue. A small amount of what looked to me like aluminum oxidation came out on the tissue. (Grayish/black stuff) I put my new light back together and it worked perfectly. I just tried it again and it still works perfectly. I can't sit around with a mystery on my hands...I've got to KNOW! So I'm asking the more experienced (than I) people for advice/opinions.

Thanks,
Will (Kentucky Rifle)