Where to put all these flashlights?

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I am on my 3rd light, and have various accesories (batteries, spares carrier, lamp assemblies, etc). It has taken up a large part of my sock drawer.

Does anyone have a creative place where they are stored or dispalyed? I'd like to hear some details.

Thanks
Bill

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Otter Boxes!! And I bought a real nice aluminum double pistol case from The Sportsman's Guide that is perfect. It's 12 1/2" x 9" x 4 5/8" with foam. And it's only $20!!!

<a href="http://www.sportsmansguide.com/showad.html?ad_id=55595" target="_blank">
66959m2.JPG

Click on picture!</a>

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
You`ll find most of mine over there on the windowsill. OK so it`s not exactly creative, but it is practical.

Apologies for a horrendous photo, not that you`d expect anything less from me, but it is an unusually bright day here and this room is known for being dark whatever the weather, so that`s why most of it`s flared out white.

torchesonwindowsill.jpg

I`ve promised myself I`ll get a decent digital camera in the new year. Maybe then my photos`ll get better?

grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by grift:
JT,
that is SWEET
grin.gif

you cut the foam out yourself for the placement you wanted i take it? also how much and where did you get them?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.caseman.com/ is a good place to get them. They can be ordered with what is called pick and pluck foam which is basically perforated foam that you can remove to customize your case.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a nice, big carton box with my address on it?
wink.gif
grin.gif

That would be creative and I would certainly be thrilled!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

OTOH, those pelican cases look really nice

Alex

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Sigman:
jtivat - VERY NICE! COMPLIMENTS!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks, hey caseman also sells just the pick and pluck foam and they do it in custom sizes also. So you can customize any case not just the pelican ones. They also have very good pricing from the searching I have done.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by jtivat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by grift:
JT,
that is SWEET
grin.gif

you cut the foam out yourself for the placement you wanted i take it? also how much and where did you get them?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.caseman.com/ is a good place to get them. They can be ordered with what is called pick and pluck foam which is basically perforated foam that you can remove to customize your case.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jtivat, which model case is that you have? Also, is that 2-different pictures of one case or do you have 2-different cases there?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a Pelican case, you might want to try Cases4Less. They're considerably less than Caseman. I just ordered a 1200 for less than $30. Caseman was $41. TX

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viper...I bought a large tackle-box to put mine in. It has a large compartment in the top for storing the larger ones, and it has four drawers with lure compartments that the smaller ones fit in nicely. The lure compartments in mine are big enough to fit flashlights up to the size of a Double barrel 4AAA or a Legend LX, and the top compartment is large enough to hold an Ultra Stinger, Mag 2 cell, etc. Plus mine has enough drawer space to hold batteries, modding tools and such, and it has compartments in the lid that I use to hold spare bulbs, lanyards, etc. All in all, it works very nicely, and I have everything in one place...makes my weekly "inventory" and scheduled preventive maintenance easy!!!

PJD

...one more thing: a good tackle box will only cost you a fraction of what a pelican case will!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have found the Otter Boxes sizes #2000 and #2500 to be ideal, virtually "custom made" drawer-friendly holders for many of my lights.

Here's one of the better sources:

OTTER BOXES

Some of the lights in these boxes:

SUREFIRE: 6P, G2, G2Z, M2, E2, E2e, E2e + KL-1,
ASP: Taclites
INOVA: X5
TACM III
ARC: SLS AA, SLS 123,
MAGLITE: Minimag 2AA (four in a #2000 box)
GMG: Reactors (will fit if endcap removed)
STREAMLIGHT: Scorpion

I have two #2000 boxes for my ARCs. These little boxes hold more than you might imagine. For example, one of my "ARC boxes" holds:

One ARC SLS 2AA light
Three SLS complete 123 flashlights
Three extra ARC 123 battery holders
One AAA Le

The boxes are lined with a thin layer of dense shock absorbing foam

Brightnorm

grift

Enlightened
JT,
that is SWEET
grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jtivat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by grift:
JT,
that is SWEET
grin.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.caseman.com/ is a good place to get them. They can be ordered with what is called pick and pluck foam which is basically perforated foam that you can remove to customize your case.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jtivat, which model case is that you have? Also, is that 2-different pictures of one case or do you have 2-different cases there?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There are two different cases one is a 1600 and the others is a 1550. The X10 and M6 are in the 1550.
grin.gif

hoss

Newly Enlightened
I went to Wal-Mart and got two Plano tackle boxes about 2 months ago when my collection started getting messy. Paid about $20 or so for each.

The nice thing I like about them is see-thru covers, one is blue and the other is amber. Easy to see exactly what's in there at a glance. Another storage area below that and dividers enable you to custom make the compartments for flashlights, bulbs, batteries, etc.