• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ██ SCAM ██ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light ██ SCAM ██

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock!

[Copy of original post #1]

http://i44.tinipic.com/2bdvlg.jpg

http://i43.tinipic.com/a0yr13.jpg

http://i41.tinipic.com/206ex55.jpg

http://i40.tinipic.com/25s03o6.jpg

http://i55.tinipic.com/33kru5x.jpg

http://i39.tinipic.com/2rgnifb.jpg

http://i15.tinipic.com/aua339.jpg

http://i16.tinipic.com/2aqago.jpg

Finally, they are done, they live up to their specs, and I am satisfied. With input from other enthusiasts, I've been working on a bike light with a better solution. Ostar powered, it is unique. You know my love of making brighter while saving power. So it has been in development for 1.5 years and I'm finally satisfied that this is what we need. They don't have the most popular emitter but popularity wanes and the real stuff gets used. I field tested and this is the light that should but won't be made. I have used plenty of emitters and can say that Osram makes the best products. This is the right light. You won't see these outdated in a month.

So we get 5 modes, 4 brightness levels and an emergency flash. In this case, I really think the flash is important. When you get in trouble on a bike, you really get in trouble and need all the help you can get. If it gets you spotted even in the daylight then it is a bargain. Of course 15W of real power means your night runs are brighter, safer, and you will be seen. Hey, it likes to show off. On a night run my neighbor wonder where in the hell all the light was coming from. I rolled up and smiled.

The spec sheet say "only" 700 lumens minimum. Another light would be breathing hard to do that but not the Ostar. It is just idling. 700 lumens are not for me so do not believe the spec sheet. If I sold it that low output then I would be embarrassed. So I check output, test the battery, and make sure that out of the box it is going to work. I have had to send some back but they just did not meet my standards. Isn't that the Japanese way? Well, it is my way.

You get your choice of runtime and you have to think carefully. The longest runtime battery would be the first choice but it is the heaviest. For a long run, going as lightweight as possible is desired. But then running out of light early is not fun. For trips around town, the smallest battery is a nice choice. If you can't decide, just go for the middle of the road. But you do get and need to make a choice.

You want an Ostar bike light. When this is on, the others are really outclassed. Remember the Super Flashlight V? They are that bright. They are $395 now but I don't know how long it will be before the price will eventually go up. So I sell what stock I have then I don't know how the future will play out or even if more will be made. If you need a light, this is the one. They are unique.

Only the serious apply. My PayPal e-mail is: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com A small percentage from this sale will goto CPF.

ARC mania

Last edited:

calebra

Banned
Re: 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock!

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, OMG, Good catch DM51!

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe he is selling them the same light and they get a volume discount?
I might order one from them to save money

ptolemy

Enlightened

Maybe he is selling them the same light and they get a volume discount?
I might order one from them to save money
from what it looks like, it maybe the other way around :)

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking::thinking:
Is this really a Custom Light?

James....

It is about as custom as the X6 he was peddling not long ago, just using CPF to resell for a profit is how I see it.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like I got the royal treatment on this bike like as I found out 8 hours ago. To make a long story short whether it matters or not, I had a couple cases of 15 watt Ostars containing 60pcs each left over from previous light runs. Came across a friendly contractor in Taiwan who claimed could do assembly work and machine parts so that all I need to do is concentrate on selling the item. I decided to have a bike light made using the left over Ostars using this contractor. As most know I am a one man show, late to answer questions, late to update threads due to trouble shooting as well as doing circuit assembly work by hand. It really sucks. I paid a higher price for the bike lights than what they are being sold for on the link provided by DM51. Yes, its my fault, I should have thoroughly checked this person out before going through with the deal and purchasing the bike lights. Thank you DM51 for the link. My apologies to all the members who read this thread. Lately I've been tired and burned out, let my guard down. I learned a really good lesson from this whole ordeal which is to stick only with people you've known for a long time.

Moderator: Please, close this thread. Thank you.

ARC mania

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
Re: 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED!

So I'm confused, you shipped some guy your left over Ostars to fabricate a light of your design? Does that mean the lights for sale on the link above are your design and he is reselling it to other distributors (after you spent 1.5 years working on it)? I'm trying to figure out what warranted the sale of this light in this forum in the first place, regardles of whether or not you closed this thread. Just looking for an honest answer, because it looks to me like you're just reselling another product that you didn't have much to do with. We all spend A LOT of money here and I'd like to believe I don't have to fear being duped into buying something for more than twice what it's worth...

Thanks

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like I got the royal treatment on this bike like as I found out 8 hours ago. To make a long story short whether it matters or not, I had a couple cases of 15 watt Ostars containing 60pcs each left over from previous light runs. Came across a friendly contractor in Taiwan who claimed could do assembly work and machine parts so that all I need to do is concentrate on selling the item. I decided to have a bike light made using the left over Ostars using this contractor. As most know I am a one man show, late to answer questions, late to update threads due to trouble shooting as well as doing circuit assembly work by hand. It really sucks. I paid a higher price for the bike lights than what they are being sold for on the link provided by DM51. Yes, its my fault, I should have thoroughly checked this person out before going through with the deal and purchasing the bike lights. Thank you DM51 for the link. My apologies to all the members who read this thread. Lately I've been tired and burned out, let my guard down. I learned a really good lesson from this whole ordeal which is to stick only with people you've known for a long time.

Moderator: Please, close this thread. Thank you.

ARC mania
Why delete the complete details of the original offer??:shakehead

This does seem very suspect - what is all this talk about 'left over Ostars'??

From the photos you originally posted, and deleted, the light looked cheapo right from the start anyway.
This really is the wrong forum to be playing games in, sub standard Taiwanese lights with over a 100% markup over the retail price!!!!:fail:
Nobody here is going to fall for that s^*t.

James....:mad:

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened

Why delete the complete details of the original offer??:shakehead

This does seem very suspect - what is all this talk about 'left over Ostars'??

From the photos you originally posted, and deleted, the light looked cheapo right from the start anyway.
This really is the wrong forum to be playing games in, sub standard Taiwanese lights with over a 100% markup over the retail price!!!!:fail:
Nobody here is going to fall for that s^*t.

James....:mad:

I believe that moderators should restore his original post and just lock this but keep it for future references.

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
Re: 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED!

Just found a cached version of another thread for the same light in which the OP deleted all the text in his post today:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...att+ostar+bike+light&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Couldn't find a cached version of the original text of this thread (yet).

Sorry for perpetuating this, but seriously, this kind of stuff doesn't belong here and I'm kinda ticked off about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.