reliable LED dropins for the G2, all nitrolon body

stallion2

Enlightened
my first "REAL" flashlight was my tan G2 w/ the standard P60. i've had it several years now but have hardly used it for the last two or three. why? i'm into the LEDs now and couldn't care less if i ever use an incan again. given its combination of small size, low weight and tough as nails exterior, it seems like a waste not to use it more.

as most of you know the enemy of the LED is heat, something not efficiently shed by the G2's plastic structure. i'm looking for reasonably reliable LED lamps that would be able to withstand the heat they produce over longer runtimes. i'm not too keen on the P60L...if i'm gonna spend $50+ for a lamp then i would rather get something from Nailbender. i'm also not interested in swapping the bezel for an aluminum one...i honestly
don't see how effective that could really be since any lamp installed is still surrounds by the plastic portion of the light's body.

i would love to know what others have tried.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a dropin from Nailbender for my G2, an XP-G R3/5000K with an OP reflector and a 3-mode regulated driver.

Perfect and a highly nice tint, not cool, not neutral, but white with a hint of neutral! :thumbsup:

red02

Enlightened
I'm not aware of any lamp like the one your asking for. You probably already know this, but LEDs don't overheat because the heat transfer provided by the all-metal body. The solution therefore must involve some kind of heat transfer, something that the G2 does not offer.

Maybe you pick up a spare G2L Aluminum bezel...

You could also try the M61L or LL. All you really need is a drop in with driver that doesn't go above... 350-500mA. I don't know if Nailbender has anything like that.

stallion2

Enlightened
i've been thinking about one of NB's golden dragon or diamond dragon dropins....i believe that's what i have in my Ra Clicky 170 and i've been really happy w/ that. those are supposed to be pretty efficient. but then again it could just be HDS' regulation making the emitter look more impressive than it really is.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the malkoff M60LF 39$. its on sale.
I got the warm version in a valiant twisty, and use it all the time. On work and at home, the huge beam is so useful. Its plenty bright and god value.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P60L really is the best LED for the G2. Just buy a new/used one. Many people have them laying around. I sold mine a while back for around $12-13 bucks.