Getting an idea made.

hula

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I could get the body for a flashlight made? Without going into to much detail it will be approximately 3d Mag in size though the head would be larger and double skinned for heat dissapation by forced air means. I have drawn the unit but not as a true technical drawing so far. If bespoke machining is hard to come by or prohibitively expensive then I'll have to adapt an existing unit by some means but I don't hold much hope for this being a thing of beauty when finished. I live in the UK but I don't know of any companies that'd be willing to machine an individual unit.

Hula.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at TnC's site, they have a "machine shop" section, but i think they have a minimum unit order limit.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Some of the CPF members here have metal working equipment and might be able to do it for you. Try posting in "Homemade and Modified Lights" section.

Wylie

Enlightened
I could have bean running the same path with a heat sink I was thinking of but I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif. A little convection going on? I sure wish I could help. The only good machinist I know works with plastics now.