Recharable options for 2c/3c mags? 1/2 C's SubC's?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recharable options for 2c/3c mags? 1/2 C\'s SubC\'s?

What can you do as far as recharable options on a 2C or 3C mag?

How many 1/2C's can you get into a 2C mag? 4?
What about subC's? are they shorter or smaller in diameter, or both? In that case how many can you stuff in there? will they fit inside the tail cap?

I'm thinking down the road for a recharable 5w White 2c or 3c mag... Will be a lot smaller than a 2D but should still have good run time...

Also there is a 3C flashlight on ebay that's very short and has been modded with a 1w. It looks like you could put 30mm optics in it. add a 5w/rechargables? hmm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Recharable options for 2c/3c mags? 1/2 C\'s Sub

A quick check of the PowerStream website for battery dimensions shows that the 1/2C is 26x24mm, the subC is 23x43mm and the C is 26x46mm. You could probably get 2 1/2Cs for each C but the slight excess length will result in a stacking error the more you try to put in, 2mm per each pair of 1/2Cs. So, 2 for 1 in a 2C or 3C mag might be ok. But moving to 3 and 4C bodies might necessitate grinding down of the buttcap threads. The tailcap ID is 22.88mm above the inner shelf and 20.58mm below the shelf (where the spare bulb well begins) and so no, no C size cells will fit. AAs will fit though.

A C body packed with nimh or nicad 1/2Cs would be nice. Give you double the voltage, although not necessarily the amp-hour capacity. Unfortunately, you cannot double stack AAs.

Another rechargeable option would be the Pila 150 and 168 Li-Ion batteries.

Wilkey

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm. Isn't the 3C about the same length as a 2D?
Is there any other smallish NiMH batts that fit in C or even AA sized lights that you can stack up to increase voltage? I'll try to look up that powerstream website.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

3 Sub C's will fit into a Nordic 2C because the talicap cavity is wide enough. this can't be done in a Mag C light.

I have a pair of 26650 lions that fit in a Mag 3C with a 20 mm spacer. These would also fit into a Mag 2D, but I'd rather put in 8 AA's with two of Chief Wiggum's 4AA to D adapters.

Latest posts