Quick, to the Batmobile! (Northeast Power Outage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
A flashaholic's dream scenario (almost -- a few hours later and it'd be perfect): major power outages in New York, Detroit, Toronto...news reports are saying it's due to a cascading overload. Was listening to the NYC news reports, lots of people were stuck in elevators and subways. So now you have a current answer to "Why do you carry a flashlight?"

Looking forward to hearing reports from affected flashaholics....

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just added cleavland ohio to the list. No real info yet, they are talking about it being a "transformer" issue, or whatever, but there is no real info yet. They are just talking to people on the street now asking them what it was like to be trapped in the subway and such. So there is no real news yet.

Weren't we just talking about the great cascading outage in 65 on the east coast.

Wanna start a pool to guess the next city to go ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope it doesn't go as far as me...

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Batteries loaded and ready... just like any other day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am there! I am getting intermittent brown and blackouts here in New England. Ready and waiting!

Maybe there IS a blackout around when you need one!

Actually, it's 92 degrees F here and humid. Not looking forward to losing the AC tonight.

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
Ha ha, I told my wife )who kids me about my always traveling with a flashlight handy,) "UH HUH! SEE!? SEE!?"

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
now they are suggesting that there was a fire at the 14th street generation station in manhattan and that "destabalized" the eastern grid.

But I still think they are putting this together themselves and have no real information.

Spectacular /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
First indication I got was when my UPS tripped, and I was sitting around wondering why-

Maybe it's time to gorge myself on ice cream...

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wingerr said:
Maybe it's time to gorge myself on ice cream...

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it Thursday already? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Don't forget to save the beer....)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Where's the nuclear power plant when you need it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened
Watching CNN since 10 minutes. Sounds like nobody really knows what's going on - power out supposedly started in Ottawa, Canada... ?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.