Hey my light's a little screwy, any advise?

F1em

Newly Enlightened
Hello cpfers. I think that's the right name. This is my first post, so here goes. After reading some of the reviews and roundups and what not on aa lights, i ended up buying my first real light. It's an eagletac p10a2. don't ask why. i just kinda did...

As the title mentions, it's a little screwy. I've had it for a few months now, and in that time it was working perfectly until just recently. i have dropped it once, seemed fine, and one of the polarity bumpers fell off. both problems didn't seem to affect it much, but one day I was messing with it, and realized that it was stuck on low mode. Occasionally it will flicker into high, but will never stay. I'm not entirely sure what could have caused this, but maybe you are.

I know you frown on alkalines, but those are what are in my light.

Thank you in advance.

ziptrickhead

Newly Enlightened
Some pictures would help. Especially considering you mentioned that you've had stuff fall out, which is never a good thing.

Sounds like its making poor contact though, which is why you can't get the light into high mode.

matt_o

Newly Enlightened
Make sure you clean all of the contact areas between the battery, switch, body, and head. Also try a new battery.