My second Surefire...

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
...just arrived this morning - an E2DL. I like my first one, an E2L-AA, so much that I had to get one of the uber-bright Surefires so I ordered the E2DL. I'm very impressed with the build on both lights, Surefire has the best knurling I've ever held, and they are very solid feeling lights. However, the E2DL is headed back to Surefire this afternoon. The emitter is so far off center that the beam profile has a sort of gibbous moon look to it. The hotspot is at the extreme edge of the brighter center part and the "corona" that normally surrounds the spot is all on one side - pretty strange looking. My E2L-AA isn't perfectly centered but its not really noticable, and I know that the TIR optic will "fix" a little off-centeredness, but this one is far enough to be distracting. So I called Surefire and described it to them and they said "send it in." I guess that's why we pay the big bucks for Surefire though, they stand behind their lights. Hopefully their service lives up to the reputation!

Burgess

Flashaholic
So I called Surefire and described it to them and they said "send it in."

I guess that's why we pay the big bucks for Surefire though, they stand behind their lights.

Alas, the SureFire Quality Control Department should've said:

" Don't sent it OUT "

:shakehead

Or, perhaps, they were hoping that the customer simply wouldn't Notice ?

:whistle:

Anyway, hope this entire issue is quickly resolved, to your complete satisfaction.

Good Luck !

:wave:

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:
_

kramer5150

Flashaholic
definitely return/exchange it. My E2L is a little off center but its not bad enough to bother me, and it washes out when I use it outdoors or with a diffuser.

knightrider

Enlightened
Another E2L-AA owner! Awesome. I'm liking mine as well.

I had a similar thing happen with an E1L head awhile back. Sent it in and got a perfectly centered one. They will get you sorted out, don't worry. Sometimes a bad one slips though.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
Alas, the SureFire Quality Control Department should've said:

Or, perhaps, they were hoping that the customer simply wouldn't Notice ?

:whistle: _

We have a winner!
goldcup.gif

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
That really sucks. I wish we could have got some beam shots just to see what we're dealing with. I'm sure they'll get it fixed up no problem for you. I have heard nothing but good about the customer service. Hopefully they'll get it back to ya speedy like.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure Surefire will put it right, and congratulations on the E2DL, a Surefire I'm feeling the need for more and more, but can't quite afford as things stand. One day though... :)

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
Another E2L-AA owner! Awesome. I'm liking mine as well.

I really like the E2L-AA. I have quite a few 2xAA lights so I wasn't sure if I needed another one, but the lure of Surefire and the uniqueness of the 2xAA model amongst their offerings finally got the best of me. I find myself reaching for the E2L-AA more than any of my others just because of that Surefire "feel" - it feels like a tool. I really like the beam pattern of the TIR optic, the way the spill just sort of fades out instead of the abrupt cutoff from my reflector lights - I don't get the "looking down a pipe" feeling. I described it to a co-worker a while back as having a more "intuitive" beam pattern, if that makes any sense.

Of course, now the danger is that since I am sans my E2DL for a couple of weeks, I'm mighty tempted to get an LX2... :devil: Maybe its Surefire's marketing tactic for flashaholics - make 'em send it in and while they're waiting they'll buy another. :broke:

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
Got my E2DL back today - looks like they just replaced the head and boxed it right back up and sent it home. This one is perfectly centered, and has a better tint than the original - just all around better. I gotta give it to Surefire, they turned it around QUICK - they couldn't have had it for more than a day. Excellent service.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great! Glad to know they took good care of you. That is also why I love Surefire products. You are not only buying into a product range but you are buying into professional and dedicated service.