• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TOO LATE - OFFER WITHDRAWN - Spy 007 with neutral XPG (and $$) for Spy Tri-V

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for consideration is an 'opportunity' for a Tri-V owner. I'll get to the 'meat' of the offer right up front, then you can view more details further down in the post.
I've come to the conclusion that my 007 is 100% plus, not 98%, 'cause there isn't a scratch on it and it has the upgrade, so I am going to hold on to it.

Offer withdrawn, unless someone is interested in selling their Tri-V outright for the original purchase price.
I have 98% mint, neutral XPG and new heat sink upgraded, Spy 007, number 0257, that I'd like to trade for your Tri-V. Oh, and I'll throw in $1,000 to make the deal sweeter for you...

Or, if you want to REALLY see me sacrifice :crazy: the trade could be my 007, brand new MINT Makai head with 1x123 McClicky and $500.

NEW OPTION!! Okay, let's really go nuts with this...another option - 007, Makai package and an almost new, opened a couple of weeks ago, Surefire TI TITAN #939. Still as new with all the accessories and box.

Option 1: 007 and $1000

Option 2: 007, Makai package and $500

Option 3: 007, Titan and $550

Option 4: 007, Makai, Titan and $50

Option 5: Titan and Makai plus $1050

Option 6: Here's a novel idea! Just SELL me your Tri-V!!

OR - can you think of another option that would work better for you? Maybe you'd like to just SELL me your Tri-V? That option is added!

To re-emphasize one important fact - NONE of these 3 lights are for sale - they MUST be part of a Tri-V trade. So now you have a plethora of titanium to illuminate your world...

:D

Will anyone really want to do this? Dunno - but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Is this a GREAT deal for you? No, but it is a good deal. The Spy is absolutely worthy of $1000 in value with the upgrade. The Makai is absolutely worth $500. I think the Titan is worth $500, but I'm valuing it in this trade offer at $450.

I have NO interest in selling my 007. It is a real beauty with (for my tastes) a PERFECT tint and beam, and it screams with 233 lumens into my home made IS (1250mA, fresh AW IMRs, XPG R4). Plus it has that signature "lower than the trits" low. But if you own a Tri-V, you already know all this. Don't have any desire to sell my Makai either. Don outdid himself on this one, and I intend to own a Makai, but if someone wants to do this trade I can always purchase another Makai in the future (and would - it's a great light.) My intent was to use the Titan as a collector's item and "night time" light...keep it in my pocket so that I have that signature LOW lo for moving about the house without spousal disturbances occurring...:crazy: :candle:

But to acquire a Tri-V, these sacrifices are acceptable to me!

But enough of my babbling - here are some photos:

The 007:
IMG_0524.JPG

Ain't it purdy?
IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

That's signature low coming out of the neutral XPG
IMG_0537.JPG

I installed 2 green trits, too

P1020301.JPG

Sorry for these lousy photos, but I'll include this leather case, too.
IMG_5268.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Here's this little jewel in action:
Here's the setup
IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

Here's one of my favorite lights - the Haiku XPG
IMG_1518.JPG

Now check out the 007 - pay close attention to the bush and the tree branches above it
IMG_1533.JPG

(Some have commented that I may have switched 5 and 6 - as you probably know, there is minimal difference in brightness between 1000 and 1250. There is SOME, however, and if you look carefully at the branches over the bush, you can see that level 6 is indeed providing more light to those branches. My aim with the light was also a bit low on level 5)
IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

The Makai is beautiful - the only photos I have show it on a 2x123 McClicky, but please understand, this deal would be on a 1x123 McClicky - not the 2x123!
IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Not too shabby, a beam shot from the Makai.....can you say, "throwwwwww"
IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

So there you have it. If you own a Tri-V (or 2) but would prefer to have that bullet proof (not that the Tri-V isn't tough!) 007 for carry, here's an opportunity. Or, if you would like to have the 007 for carry and the Makai for long throw, here's your chance. Or maybe you'd like to have a BULLET PROOF little EDC that is somewhat rare these days...I got this one from Brighterisbetter unopened and opened it myself....photos here.

Do I expect an onslaught of offers? :shakehead But do I think that perhaps there is one individual out there who might find this interesting? :thumbsup:

If you wish to discuss, you can PM or better still, email me

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: WTT - Check it out! Spy 007 with neutral XPG (and $$) for Spy Tri-V

:eek: Purdy ain't the word for that 007... :D Wow...

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan my dream 007. Nooooo. ;) Good luck with your trade! :thumbsup: Tri-V is that good huh? :devil:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

That there's a stunner! Wish I had the trade items you want because I'd love to have that 007!

Lisa

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks all - added a few beamshots to the OP for reference.

I'm betting there is a lonely Tri-V out there that wants to come live at run4jc's house!!

:eek: :thumbsup:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

good luck finding a tri-v they are worth it.

taewoopa

Enlightened

I wish you could get a good result .

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dibs if you decide to sell the 007. Like you said, nothing ventured ........ FWIW it looks like the shots for the 007 on level 5 and 6 are backwards. The pic for level 5 seems to be brighter than 6. Then again it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me. Best of luck with you quest!!

Dan, you already own a Tri-V, correct? So this would be your second Tri-V? Are you trying to keep up with chipwillis or something? :devil: You have a Tri-V and a Spy 007 already (as do I). Stop while you're ahead! This is what you want! Don't change it. :D lovecpf :kiss:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Best of luck with your potential trade. You have dangled a tempting carrot. (no innuendos intended). :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan, you already own a Tri-V, correct? So this would be your second Tri-V? Are you trying to keep up with chipwillis or something? :devil: You have a Tri-V and a Spy 007 already (as do I). Stop while you're ahead! This is what you want! Don't change it. :D lovecpf :kiss:

Ah, well, we will see, we will see - have an 005, too! :devil: Truth be told, you can't go wrong with any of them!! They are all great :thumbsup:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Is this the first time that the fabled 007 has been put up for a trade on CPF?
I think the 'normal' situation is for other (lesser) lights to be put up for trade for a 007... :tinfoil:

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this the first time that the fabled 007 has been put up for a trade on CPF?
I think the 'normal' situation is for other (lesser) lights to be put up for trade for a 007... :tinfoil:

Might be, might be....:thinking:

SFfanman

Enlightened

I agree with AWTYD on this one. lovecpf Your already one lucky dude to catch a Tri-V. IMHO although the Tri-V presents levels of mastery in versatility and cutting edge synthesis of lighting components, I still think the 007 is a pure beauty! You might miss that 007 down the road. :shrug: :thumbsup:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with AWTYD on this one. lovecpf Your already one lucky dude to catch a Tri-V. IMHO although the Tri-V presents levels of mastery in versatility and cutting edge synthesis of lighting components, I still think the 007 is a pure beauty! You might miss that 007 down the road. :shrug: :thumbsup:

Relax, my good friends! Dan is fine...:crazy:...really! Just stirring up a bit of excitement on the forum, and it is working! But I'd do this trade if the opportunity came up! I love my Tri-V!! Another one would be a good thing! Anybody??

;)

Rudi

Enlightened

At what setting, and with which emitter(s) did you get the 233 lumen reading in your IS?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

At what setting, and with which emitter(s) did you get the 233 lumen reading in your IS?

Rudi...reprogrammed at 1250mA output into an XPG R4 (neutral) being driven by freshly charged AW IMRs. Output did fall briefly after turn on to about 215 lumens, but locked in there. Awesome thing to see!!