Malkoff info

prof student

Enlightened
Ok, so I have written Gene a few times, and most of the times he doesn't respond. This last time I wrote him about a week and a half ago and haven't heard back from him.

So, I figure I would post on here and see if anyone else has talked to him about the some of the things I asked and have any answers? Its worth a shot.

Any idea if he is going to come out with:
1) 61WLL? He didn't with the 60, but there was soooooo much interest on here for one.
2) 61WLF?
3) 61WLLF?
4) more drop ins for C or D maglites and if so, when?
5) General info as to why the new SF drop ins don't come with optics anymore? Wouldn't they be more "protected" from the elements, abuse, etc., if they were built that way?

Thanks everyone.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
2 & 3. It wouldn't make that much sense IMO to make flood versions of the M61. I don't know Gene's plans, but from what I've read here, the M61 reflector was designed to provide ample spill, more so than the M60 (which did get the 'F' versions).

5. Apparently there are no suitable P60 optics for the XP-G emitter as of yet. Many many people have requested optics for the M61 and that has not occured yet. All reports are that the M61's reflector is a very good match for the XP-G.

Last edited:

Gene43

Enlightened
Your messages must be getting hung up somewhere in cyberspace. Just give me a phone call. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks, Gene