Best valued american made flashlight

barry1me

Newly Enlightened
Guys I need some help. I want to buy my best man a flashlight as a wedding gift. He is big into flashlights and he has a few Fenix lights. I would like to buy him an american made light that will be around a $100 or so. I have been looking at the eagletac T20C2 it looks pretty solid. What about jetbeam? I would like to get a light that could act as a nice weapon light and dual purpose.

Cole07

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure Eagletac and Jetbeam are made in China. Your best bet would be Surefire or an HDS light.

BarryG

Enlightened
Surefire and Peak are USA.
Ra Clicky is $99 and USA as well
I think all three have lifetime warranty too.

Barry

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A turnkey Malkoff MD2 with a M61 and lens kit may be in the price ball park. It is also American made top quality with a warranty. RA, Peak, and Surefire are all excellent choices.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure Eagletac and Jetbeam are made in China.

Both are Made in China brands. I own lights from both companies. Nothing wrong with their products in general.

But to make sure the waters don't become muddy, they are NOT American companies.

SureFire definitely is one. A budget of $100 for a brand new one is do-able. Quite a few good choices if you get an inca. SF model. For LED there's the G2L and 6PL models. You can also get very good bargains by buying slightly used but mint SF models off of the CPF MarketPlace. For example, you can get an SF A2 model for $100 instead of $195 for a brand new one. The one I picked up was absolutely mint.

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
I think that Surefire, Elzetta, Malkoff, Peak, and Maglite are the only companies that make ALL of their lights in the USA.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Peak.....made in Cave Creek AZ- distributed by RMSK (Bob) in KY.
Lifetime warranty.
He has Ranier's with P7 emitters in them on sale for $60 for the HA.
look in the Specials section.

K2HA2.jpg

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova Inforce 6VX is right around 90 bucks, 200 lumens, and can be used as a weapons light. Any flashaholic would appreciate this light. This would be my pick.

And yes their made in the USA.

Bill

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toss up between:

Peak
Malkoff
HDS Systems
Surefire

This is your best man. He needs something special..Haiku perhaps:poke:

;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Inova Inforce 6VX is right around 90 bucks, 200 lumens, and can be used as a weapons light. Any flashaholic would appreciate this light. This would be my pick.

And yes the're made in the USA.

Bill

Currently owned by Nite-Ize. Company based in China.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks guys for clarifying about Inforce being a seperate division, and that those models are still made in America. :)

sed6

Enlightened
Playing devils advocate here but...if he's into Fenix lights clearly he doesn't have a problem with lights from overseas. Are you perhaps imposing your beliefs or letting your feelings influence the purchase decision? If you're going to get him a best man gift, doesn't he really deserve the best light $100 can buy? That may or may not be an American made light. That said you're free to buy him anything you like, since it's your dough. My gift as a best man was a wonderful Montblanc pen I treasure to this day.