Handphone for the flashaholic

gtwace

Enlightened
Forget about the Iphone. Just launched last week, the Samsung Galaxy Beam:

with buit in pico projector

Control shot

The projector puts a screen of light 10 feet away.

Projects an image 2 storey high

The projector is much brighter than the camera LED on other phones when use as a torch. The phone itself works on android and works very well too, except for its bigger size, it is better than the Iphone in my opinion.

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using cell phones as flashlights? I know that in a lighting emergency you have to use whatever you can but come on, this is CPF! :ohgeez: Using a cell phone for anything other than making a phone call is...well...you know... :p

jupello

Enlightened
Projecting the bat-sign to the ceiling! :crackup:
That looks like an interesting phone, more functionality in single device = good thing if properly executed.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno, they can be useful. The power went out Christmas morning at my parents where everyone was staying. The free flashlight app on the iphone has a holiday light option, so I downloaded a quick Christmas album, plugged into a little speaker and wala, we had Christmas music and light/flashing lights all from the same source. Even kinda lit up the tree till the power came back on. Was kinda handy.

Now if one of the flashlight makers were to make a light/phone.....and a tactical one at that.....a titanium tactical phone on 18650s....... :cool: