My VERY FIRST Post!! This place ROCKS!!!

reviewum

Enlightened
Hey All,

Just thought I'd say hello. I've been snooping around here for a bit and thought I'd say hello... especially since I'll be asking you all kinds of questions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've been playing with some LEDs and thought I should post a few things for fun:

My first few mods:
LED-Mods.jpg

My LED Testing Center:
b-testcenter.jpg

My website with my mods:
www.nifty-stuff.com

Talk to you soon!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF. First thing: Chat forum is not FOR chatting. It is about CPF chat. Second thing: this is the wrong forum for this post. LED forum is better suited for this.

Admin: Please move this thread to the correct Forum. Thank you.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Yep, wrong forum but absolutely fantastic first post! You are a man with a keen addiction, which will be made worse with like-minded flashaholics. I must warn you, it seems you have the addiction pretty bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Welcome aboard

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, welcome!

Didn't I talk to you just the other day ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I Don't have moderator privs for this board so I can't move it, but I don't think anyone is going to loose any sleep until then.

now we need to get you some luxeon stars to play with and see what you can stuff them into.

welcome, you're going to like it here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! Thanks for posting. This would be better in the Cafe.

It's no big deal, but just for future refrence:
Chat: Talk about CPF Chat (Click my sig to go there)
The Cafe: Talk about whatever...

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The Cafe: Talk about whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]

Except fluff. No fluff. You know that stuff in your belly button? Or is that fuzz? Damn, I always get those two confused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Which one in the avatar are you...the pretty one with the long hair???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Welcome the the CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!! Now, this guy here is a true flashaholic alright, anyone else seen his site yet? For his Hyundai mods, its funny how both starts of with something that goes along the lines of: "...it's entirely too dark..."

Hehe, I guess any situation w/o a flashlight will definitely be too dark! Spoken like a true flashaholic indeed, Rob!! Nice test center too btw! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job on the website! And to think you did all that BEFORE you found this group of LED and flashlight fanatics. WELCOME!!

reviewum

Enlightened
You guys are too funny!

So, Roy, to answer your question, the pretty one is my wife... I'm the ugly one on the right! She's actually much "fatter" now... what with our first baby on the way being almost a week past her due date!

Boy do I love LEDs!!! I just wish I had all the knowledge you guys have... anybody invented some kind of osmosis / knowledge transfer machine yet?

I've now reached the limit of what I can do with the knowledge I have. I love to "cannibalize" electronics (TVs, Radios, etc) and use the parts for other stuff... only problem is, I don't know how to apply most of it (capacitors, transistors, transformers, coils, etc. etc.)

I'm thinking about playin' around and making a blinking LED and a "Joule Thief" or some kind of step up current to power an LED with 1.5 or 3 volts. Unfortunately I don't think I can do it with the parts I've pulled out of a few laptops, radio, etc.

Oh, BTW: When do you all want to chat? How about after lunch??? OK, now this can be labeled as "a chat thread"!

Have a great day!

p.s. How do I get reply notifications / subscribe to threads? Thanks!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
reviewum said:
She's actually much "fatter" now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times I've described a girlfriend that way, only get to in big trouble...haha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
ttran97 said:
[ QUOTE ]
reviewum said:
She's actually much "fatter" now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times I've described a girlfriend that way, only get to in big trouble...haha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many fat girlfriends?

Brightnorm

reviewum

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Too many fat girlfriends?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> hahahaha..... too funnY! </font>

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
reviewum said:
Oh, BTW: When do you all want to chat? How about after lunch??? OK, now this can be labeled as "a chat thread"!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Chat doesn't take place on CPF. You can either download software, or go here, type a nick name, and press "Chat Now!"

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Click the "Favorite Thread! (toggle)" at the bottom of this thread, then at your "My Home", go to "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.", click yes to "Do you want all replies to your favorite threads emailed to you?", and then you'll get a notification to every reply to any thread you've listed as a favorite.

Whew! Simple as that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

reviewum

Enlightened
hawkhkg11,

You're my new hero! Can't believe by default that isn't selected as "yes"... I mean, if it is your "Favorite" wouldn't you want to know when someone writes about it?

Thanks again!