Just got a 4-Sevens 2AA R4 regular...

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I opted for the neutral tint R4 and regular body they were selling without the box. Overall, it's a nice size. The tint is simply beautiful. The beam is perfect for house duty, which is what I got it for. Flawless beam. Large spot and even, gradual spill.

The only complaint I have so far is the UI. I really don't like all the "blinky" features, but that's just personal preference. It also doesn't remember the last mode it was in and always starts out on low, which isn't so bad, except that it forces you to cycle through the "blinky" stuff. I could have gone the tactical route, but that would have ruled out a candle mode, which is a primary reason for a house light if the power goes out.

But overall, a really useful light with a great tint and beam. These neutral R4's are fantastic.

I'll have to wait till tonight to see what kind of throw it has.

Last edited:

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on your new light. I have the same one but the tactical version. 4sevens has an accessory tail cap for the quark turbo that has a flat end that allows for candle duty. An option is to exchange the light you have for the tactical U.I and get the flat tail cap.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
The Tactical UI with the flat tactical tailcap from the turbo models works great!

lights.jpg

Incan

Newly Enlightened
yea man that quark aa2 regular is the one to get. i wish they would hide those blinky modes too, though. its the best all-around light i own