Brainstorming for oldschool 4D

CarpeNoctem

Newly Enlightened
Hi all! Long time reader, first time poster here.

I have an old 4D flashlight that I bought at a flea market for $10 a couple of months ago. I really like the chrome finish and overall look of the light, but the beam is really terrible. I really would like to mod this flashlight and create something impressive, but I don't know where to start. The throw of the beam isn't too important to me, but I would like it to be an impressive flood light. I'm trying to keep the project under $100.

I took some pictures to hopefully get some other people excited about this project, I think that the body is really cool. (I just need to figure out how to post them:shrug:)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it a maglite???

if so you can do either halogen flood mr16 and 4 26650 (50w bulb will make night and day difference), you can go 5 26500, but it will give you whiter beam, hotter bulb, and half the run time. i tried mr16 with 4 and 5 cells, 4 is good enough,.

if you want led, than get yourself one of those shower head drop ins there was a thread on them here, some are actually pretty good, and not expensive.

if it is not a mag lite, forget about it, afaik, there are almost no other 4d lights that you can get aftermarket bulbs, modules for. you can upgrade any light, but it will be harder, and might not worth the effort and $$ on $10light.

junglewarrior

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4D Maglite and after a load of questions and research I decided on an mr16 mod. Search 'mr16 4d' and you'll see tons of info.

I've never modded a flashlight before and seem to be getting on well with it so far...