Need advice on duty light

Bael

Newly Enlightened
Firstly I know there are probably other discussions on this; however I have been working 12 hour shifts for the last four years and have not had a day off in three months. I am tired. Very tired. And just cannot seem to find the time to do this correctly, i.e. searches and that.
I have just been given the go ahead to buy a new torch for work. Currently I am using a four cell mag with one "D" cell and the rechargeable battery from my rechargeable mag. I hate the rechargeable as I was replacing the bulb every few weeks because it just wasn't strong enough for the terrain. The 4D cell mag is also a pain with the lens scratching so easily and the dark spots in the beam. I do Security for a few of the remote rail yards in South Australia and need a torch that is capable of being dropped, used as a weapon if needed, and It must have a very good throw. We have no backup and help is usually at least an hour away. I know I am rambling but see above for an excuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. What I want is to use my rechargeable battery from the mag in something that will give me what I want, I would like to go LED, the other consideration is cost. I need to keep it under $200 dollars Australian. Any questions , answers and advice will be hugely appreciated

GeoffChan

Enlightened
G'day Bael,

Finding something under $200au ($130us) will be pretty hard and will suit your requirements.

Prehaps someone here makes a 5w LED mod that might fit that 4D Mag of yours.

Geoff

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something to fit that EXACT description, you would be best suited with one of Mr.Bulk's mod's.