advice on new light

will777

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Im after some assistance as im pretty clueless when it comes to the technical side of torches.

I have an MTE ssc p7 which i am pretty impressed with power wise but the beam is quite floody, Im after something similar that has a tight concentrated beam as possible or can the surround be changed in the one i already have?

Also in error i bought the 5 mode when i only ever use medium/high. Is there a way of changing how many modes my torch has?

Any help much appreciated!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi :welcome:

So it sounds as if you are after a light that is pure throw with little to no spill/flood area, is that correct? Do a CPF search on "best throwers"

Off the top of my head I'm thinking Dereelight DBS V3 with aspherical head or a Tiablo A9 with aspherical head. The aspherical head is not completely necessary it just depends on how much throw you want and how much spill/flood you don't want. Also maybe you could be more specific on the size of the light you are interested in? There are larger light's with larger reflectors that really make for a tiny hotspot with minimal spill, but all this depends on your size and battery preference. Oh and price of course.

will777

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup:Thanks for the welcome, i never knew you could go so detailed where torches were concerned!

Yes im after a torch that is as powerfull as possible (size restricted) with a beam that has as little flood/spill as possible, the size of my ssc p7 is great but i dont mind going a little bigger as i will be fastening it to the top of my gun scope but obviously there is a point when weight and size will hinder balance/accuracy of the gun.

I already have the 18650 batteries and charger for my p7 so would make sense to get a light that used these also. Im guessing there isnt a light available the size of my mte ssc p7 that will be a concentrated beam with no spill/flood as the reflector is too small? If so if there is something with a similar thickness body but a larger head perhaps that is what im looking for.

I have been back on deal extreme (not sure if this is the best place) to have a look but there are so many im not sure where to start. Price isnt too much of a concern.

Your help is much appreciated in this mine field of trying to find the rigth tool for the job.

Regards
Will

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guessing there isnt a light available the size of my mte ssc p7 that will be a concentrated beam with no spill/flood as the reflector is too small? If so if there is something with a similar thickness body but a larger head perhaps that is what im looking for.

l

Yes you can get that in a light about the size of the MTE look at the Dereelight DBS v3 and Tiablo A9 and get the aspherical head for each. The heads will be slightly larger than the P7 but not to bad, both use 18650 and have a very tight beam with no spill and the throw is awesome. Some links below to lights and heads but all from the same dealer.

DBS light and the aspherical head is at the bottom of the page - http://flashlightconnection.com/Dereelight-Flashlights/DBS-V3-c4/

Tiablo A9 and aspherical head also at bottom-
http://flashlightconnection.com/Tiablo-Flashlights/Tiablo-Flashlights-c15/

You will notice the Tiablo setup will cost you less and their is nothing wrong with the Tiablo it's a great light but one of the bigger benefits of the DBS is the pill can be changed out for use of different emitters, this may or may not interest you but might be worth consideration.