• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB warm tint LED for D10

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
Like the title says, I want to upgrade my D10 with a warm tint LED, but don't know what (specs) or where to get one from. It has a Q5 in it now with the old ramping driver.

I just added a CRKT pocket clip (which is great), going to get it cerakote, and adding a trit to the piston real soon. Wanted to get this all done at the same time if possible, so I'm looking for a warm tint led if any one has an extra. I'll post pics in home & mod section when I'm done. Thanks everyone for your help.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A D10 is an excellent host for a High-CRI SSC P4. When I had one, this was my favorite upgrade. :D

Word of warning: Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when swapping out the LED. The drivers in the Nitecore lights are *very* fragile. When I was modding them, 1 in 5 would die from shipping alone.

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Tek, I just took it apart recently just to see if I could and it still works. I noticed your group buy of those high cri's is closed, maybe some one could spare one little led? Or point me in the right direction, thanks again everyone.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have a few extras when all is said and done. Keep an eye on the Group Buy thread, and when all of the current batch has shipped, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I have. :thumbsup:

If you're not too picky, I've got a couple of used ones I'd be willing to part with for cheap. No guarantee on the condition though.

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I'm still in search of a warm tint LED for my D10. If someone can point me in the right direction where I could find one, that would be great. I know there is one here at http://ledsupply.com/creexre-ww.php but it's on a 20mm star, just wonder if I would just be able to cut it down to size and still have enough room to solder the wires to it.