What are your plans for this summer?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was planning to head down to my friend's place in Fresno for camping and boating. But all my friends that I usually go with are going on vacation, so I guess this trip is cancelled.

Do you guys have any plan(s)?

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
My wife is going to new york for some fashion marketing trip with the University of Central Oklahoma next week, so i'll probably go hang out with my brother a few days and maybe hit the lake. My parents have a boat and stuff, so we will go ski at the lake with them. Good luck finding something else to do...

fishinfool

Enlightened
I live on Hawaii and have been wanting to rent a 4wd and drive all the way to the top of Mauna Kea to take pictures of the sunrise or sunset. It's one of the few places on this island I haven't seen yet. The other place I'd like to go is to the green sand beach down at South Point which also needs a 4wd to get there. Everytime I think I'm ready to make the trip, life happens and it gets postponed. :(

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, life definitely happens.

That and the economy went into the crapper... not sure how members here on CPF can still afford their lights, lol.:confused:

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
I live on Hawaii and have been wanting to rent a 4wd and drive all the way to the top of Mauna Kea to take pictures of the sunrise or sunset. It's one of the few places on this island I haven't seen yet. The other place I'd like to go is to the green sand beach down at South Point which also needs a 4wd to get there. Everytime I think I'm ready to make the trip, life happens and it gets postponed. :(

I wouldn't mind letting you borrow my truck, but uh I would probably need way more than a 4wd to get it from Oklahoma to Hawaii. :eek:

fishinfool

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind letting you borrow my truck, but uh I would probably need way more than a 4wd to get it from Oklahoma to Hawaii. :eek:

Thanks Jon! It's the thought that counts right? I'll get up there eventually. It just might be when the moon and the stars are aligned just right. I've heard people say that it's like a religious experience to see the sunrise or sunset from the top of Mauna Kea.

Here's my Hawaiian 'Did You Know' bit:

Did you know that during the winter, Mauna Kea gets topped off with snow? Enough snow that people actually drive up there and snowboard. So you can snowboard in the morning and surf in the afternoon. That's definitely paradise to me. :wow:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Summer, just like the rest of the seasons, Ill be working. I've grown accustomed to it though, as I haven't taken a vacation day in over a year and a half. :ironic:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
not to get hit by a car
not to catch a STD:thumbsdow (is it a or an :thinking:)
not to lick my armpits after running

to run 3 miles a day to the local Donut shop
to find creative ways of scaring my Postal carrier
to learn what a pidet, bidet, be-day...whatever. learn what they are for?

to finally see my son after 20 years who lives right across the street.
to learn how to marinate.
to finally buy a Polaroid camera off of Ebay, I need a good one.

;)

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I've been riding 300+ miles per month since May. I'll do that through the summer and as far into the colder weather as I can. Beyond that, no plans whatsoever. I'll just take whatever life throws at me.

jugornot

Newly Enlightened
Finish recovery from total knee replacement. Been 6 weeks and I look for the next 6 weeks of recovery before returning to work.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plan is to continue my work on the house and garden and at the same time try to teach our seven month old baby some new tricks. I'm doing roofs and roof drainage right now. The kid is just having a good time watching...

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plan is to continue my work on the house and garden and at the same time try to teach our seven month old baby some new tricks. I'm doing roofs and roof drainage right now. The kid is just having a good time watching...

I am not a dad but planning to be in the future. What can you teach a 7 months baby?:thinking:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not a dad but planning to be in the future. What can you teach a 7 months baby?:thinking:

My kid is capable of recognising different toys and how to use them, she likes to walk in her "car/spaceship" walker and open drawers and pull all the tablecloths down on the floor. She also likes to practise sitting in her chair and try to eat with the rest of the family. At that age kids are fast learners. She likes to play with her music boxes, and especially with her lights.