Problem with OpticsHQ TLS Kit

Readykilowatt

Newly Enlightened
About 2 and a half years ago I bought a OpticsHQ 256Lum head & multi function tailcap kit, I attached it to my SF 9P, after about 5 months the tail switch stopped working and I returned it, they replaced it and it worked till about a month ago, then the light became very dim and the tail switch wouldn't turn the unit completely off, when I looked at the LED there was a black scorched mark in the middle of the circuitry, it still lights up but very weak, I got a Fenix LD10 for my birthday and it's decidedly brighter then my burnt LED and has a much warmer beam then it ever had. At the time I purchased the TLS Kit I thought they spoke of a "lifetime warranty" on the unit? Anybody remember that? I emailed OpticsHQ and they said that they won't replace my LED or switch. They did offer me a discount on another model, but, their track record isn't too good with me. I live out in the woods where lumens get swallowed up like a gas giant too near a super black hole, so I need a bright light, 300-600Lum that runs for an hour or more on either 2 AA (preferred) or CR123 and has a good rechargeable option, it should have a momentary clicky switch. I saw that they have a SF turbo head on OpticsHQ but am not going to risk my money again, what are my options for around a c-note? Thanks P.S., Rummaging through my kit last night I came across a 7 D cell Maglight that I must have bought at least 25 years ago, it's missing the rubber switch cover and has a few scratches and wear marks (I used to carry it every day), is this thing of any interest? I was thinking of sending it back for a rebuild?