Ah, a place where I am understood!

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Brand new here, I am glad there is a place for me on the interent. I am a confirmed flashaholic, while I tend to stay with Surefires..proud owners of multiple G2s, E2E's L1's, L4, 6Z, M3, M4 and M6..man do I love these lights, best part yet, so does my wife. She keeps an L1 and E2e with her all the time, plus the G2 in her car.
She is currently on travel and when she heard of the power outages, she's not even close to where it happened, she broke into her computer case to make sure she had her spares kit with her just in case she needed to do a reload.
Anyway, glad to be a new neighbor in the community and looking forward to learning more than where to put the batteries and the button to push.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! I would say "Hide your wallet" , but judging by your list, it looks like you are well beyond help already.

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, WAAAAYYY beyond help...now let's see what else is there to buy, oh yeah waiting for the KL6 to mate up with my M3 or is it that I need to buy another M3?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Well outside of the Surefire world there is still lots of money to be spent.

Tigerlight, Arc AAA, Arc LSH-P, then you can go into the hand made lights: McLux, Space Module.

Welcome to CPF!

Tomas

Banned
Welcome to the zoo, EPguy!

First thing you need to do is to grab a couple of Arc AAA's for you and your wife to carry on your persons. They may be small, but they are rugged and put out a very usable amount of very white light.

Enjoy!
T_sig6.gif
fan.gif

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, roger that on the Arc's! Been reading up on them, they will probably replace the little Pelican LEDs I currently have
our keychains. I like those little Pelican's, they'll fit nicely somewhere else in my realm, maybe in the closets with
our Mags. But will look seriously into Arc's and others.
Thanks for the welcome

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
EPguy,
You may think you are at the bottom of your wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .
Welcome!

Larry

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome. And unlike the others here, I will admit my envy at your having a wife who is also into flashlights. Maybe everyone else is still in a state of shock or denial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sharp

Enlightened
Welcome aboard. Since your wallet has already been raided, just get into flashaholicism more seriously. GET SOME ARC'S AAA and LS!! This is just the first step. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Man I sure envy you...People hardly ever understand us...you're lucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the welcomes gang! I certainly will be working some OT to pick up these other wonder lights soon!
Yeah, I am pretty lucky, the wifey at first didn't get the whole flashlight thing until she found herself needing one and behold she found the E2E I had stuck in her purse! Now she has several, two with her, two in her car, one bedside and yet another in her home office drawer! I am now attempting to keep up with her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
You guys are lucky. My wife doesn't understand these things at all. Not with ANY of my interests. She feels that if I have two guns, I have one too many (I have several). She doesn't understand the need to upgrade the computer every 18 months, she feels a $30 Timex should be as good as a Luminox, and she SURE doesn't understand a flashlight obsession! If she can reach for a $4.99 Wal-Mart special and it works, she's happy. It doesn't matter if the beam has a hole in it big enough to drive a car through. If it lights up, she's good. Me on the other hand, I want one that can burn though a wooden door like a laser! Oh well, I love her and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I guess if she were just like me, we would be dead broke all the time.

mbs

Newly Enlightened
My wife wants to know why I need more flashlights, if every drawer already has one and every car has at least one! So I compromised and I am buying a new house with more drawers! (and room for the gun safe, and reloading bench, and...)

Myron

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Woo Hoo MBS, sounds like me! We just bought a new house and my wife already gave up a bit of the wall space in the master closet so I could in stall one of those long gun wall safes! Plus a little extra so I could mount a flashlight or two, maybe even three /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
I put the gun safe in the basement. And I just refinanced the house, so I'm not moving. I got 4.75% fixed with no points for 15 years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome EPguy! Don't forget to balance you collection with a couple of long runtime LED lights. Long runtime is more than 20 hours for common batteries. 20 hours for a pair of 123s is long runtime.

I have been an Arc LS guy. Yet I broke down and got the Surefire L4. I am also an LED guy and tend to reject incans based on my experiences with incan bulbs (they don't like me for some reason).

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Know whatcha' mean CB, I have one L4 and a couple of L1's, I really like the both of them, they have proved themselves in places like Kuwait and Saudi time and time again...

Latest posts