Flat Twisty end-cap switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
I've heard that the "Twisty" switches let the #123 lithium battery "rattle a little". What if I just put a sliver of foam packing or a couple of short little wood strips down the side of the battery? Would that hurt anyting?

Thanks,
Will

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kentucky Rifle,

I put tape around the battery and it works like a charm! I probably being paranoid, but I put a small strip top and bottom so that the tape does not impede heat flow out of the battery. I'm not sure that I need to do that, but I figure it can't hurt. I also find that with the battery snugged in like that there is no need for a foam ring.

Just some observations.

jtice

Flashaholic
You need tp cut yourself a small ring of foam. And place it in the head. This takes up the space, when the light isnt on.
And smashes so the batt can make contact when pack is twisted.
Also, do wrap the batt in tape, for side to side movement.

gyverpete

Enlightened
My LS hybrid came with the twisty a foam washer stuck to the PCB around the positive contact in the head. The battery doesn't rattle at all even with a half turn past OFF. I think ARC will still send these to you free if you send them a SASE. Just tell them it's for the LS w/twisty because the AAA also uses one, but smaller.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Another method to reduce rattle is to cut a piece of paper to wrap around the battery and take up the extra space. I did this for a while, then found some thin foam material in the packaging for a PC motherboard. I cut a washer out of the foam that fit inside bottom of the twisty pack (rather than trying to stick it into the LS head). Thin foam is required to make this method work.

gyverpete

Enlightened
js, thanks for the info. I thought I read somewhere that they would provide them for the life of the light or at least for the 10 year warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We do provide o-rings and retainers for the life of the product. This wasn't intended for products that were deamed defective and replaced by a better design. If I had a choice, I would rather support the improved design. In fact, we offered for a while, a program to replace P-123s with TSP-123s.

Now you use the P-123 at your own risk.

Peter

Turt

Enlightened
I just received my twisty end cap a few days ago from Arc and I love it. So far I have used the Tekcells, DP, and Surefire's and they all work without any problems. Did I win in some twisty end cap lottery? Either way, I've very happy with my end cap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've ordered a twisty end cap from Arc and some from a couple of different people on the board because I've heard that some caps don't work with some bodies. It turns out that the first one I received (it was from Arc) worked perfectly. My month old LSH-P is now much shorter and will stand on end. It even fits in a smaller leather pouch with a few other items. I'm very happy with my shorter LSH-P however, there's something I can't quite put my finger on. I think what it is, is that it doesn't look like my LSH-P any longer. Fits the small pouch better, works the same...still..<shrug>

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.