Malkoff M60

neomedic

Newly Enlightened
Hi....

I new to lights and just got a surefire 6P-LD. I wanted to put a Malkoff M60 in there for the throw. But I can't find one anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one??

And how do you guys like the M61? But those are all sold out too?

If no one has one for sale, what else do you guys recommend. I want something for throw and want a lot / high lumen.

For a nice flood, I already have a M60LF in a G2 from surefire.

Thanks.

carrot

Flashaholic
Check the Marketplace for M60's. You may want to post a WTB for one.

Love the M61. They are also all sold out but more are being made. The M60 on the other hand is discontinued so it will become harder and harder to find as time goes on, whereas the M61 will be more and more easy to find. Supply just simply cannot meet demand right now.

I consider the M61 to have my ideal beam shape. It throws nicely but it has a big wide hotspot and lights up everything in front of me. It's hard to describe just how good it is, but it's everything everyone says and then some.

Edit: forgot about Elzetta still selling M60's.

neomedic

Newly Enlightened
I knew you guys would have the answers lovecpf

Anything else I should consider. Looking for a thrower with lots of lumen. Something that will go out there and touch someone and remain as bright as it can.

Is the Malkoff M60 the best for this purpose?

Thanks!!!

neomedic

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta making Malkoff M60. Are those made my Malkoff and Elzetta just uses them or are they made my Elzetta?

And if Elzetta makes them....are they just are good and reliable if they where made by Malkoff???

Thanks.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Elzetta is having the M60s made under license from Malkoff, but I don't know who is building them. It may well be the same people Gene uses.

carrot

Flashaholic
The best way to find the answer to that is to call Mr. Malkoff directly. Don't worry, he doesn't bite... quite the contrary he is a great guy to talk to and even better to hang out with. Say hi to Cathy too!

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta making Malkoff M60. Are those made my Malkoff and Elzetta just uses them or are they made my Elzetta?

And if Elzetta makes them....are they just are good and reliable if they where made by Malkoff???

Thanks.

Malkoff is not making the M60 modules. Elzetta either makes them directly or has the contract build facility in Idaho make them. Malkoff Devices had this factory start to make the production units a couple of years back. Elzetta will keep providing them for their military grade tactical flashlight, they are fully warranteed. They are reliable, the design and components are well proven.

For the guy who wants a Malkoff thrower the answer is the new Hound Dog. The first batch is sold out but the second batch is already in progress. This is a 325 lumens out the front thrower, a strong beam more intense than the M60 module by far.

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was thinking about getting a Malkoff M60LF and ran across this Cree R2

http://store.bugoutgearusa.com/crq5drmo.html

What do you guys think? Which is better?

Its not a Malkoff, its not a flood type beam which is what the F stands for in the Malkoff M60 LF, which you said you wanted? This will be more a spot beam with spill. Its brighter than the Low mode Malkoff but you stated you wanted the low mode unit which is what the L stands for. The Cree R2 in a reflector has been around for a very long time and its been discussed and has beam shots up the wazzoo. By now its old news and its certainly not any of the 3 things you stated you wanted, A Malkoff with low power not high and a flood type light not a central hot spot so figure out what you really want. There are plenty of Cree R2's out there driven at 1 amp and 1.2 amps. This is going to draw more power and not run as long as the Malkoff L (low) power series.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Hi....

I new to lights and just got a surefire 6P-LD. I wanted to put a Malkoff M60 in there for the throw. But I can't find one anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one??

And how do you guys like the M61? But those are all sold out too?

If no one has one for sale, what else do you guys recommend. I want something for throw and want a lot / high lumen.

I have a Malkoff M60 and am debating selling it to buy this one:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=233436

You said youre looking for lots of lumens, thats 800 lumens of fury!

the only thing is that I like to use RCR123's and that drop in is rated at max 6V...

if you only plan on using primaries, that nailbender drop in will rock your world!

EDIT: man after recommending it to you i got to thinking, I NEED IT and bought it:devil:

Last edited:

neomedic

Newly Enlightened
I have a Malkoff M60 and am debating selling it to buy this one:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=233436

You said youre looking for lots of lumens, thats 800 lumens of fury!

the only thing is that I like to use RCR123's and that drop in is rated at max 6V...

if you only plan on using primaries, that nailbender drop in will rock your world!

EDIT: man after recommending it to you i got to thinking, I NEED IT and bought it:devil:

Thanks Capt. PM inbound.