Black Diamond Moonlight Pro (3xAA) not AAA's

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: Black Diamond Moonlight Pro (3xAA) not AAA\'s

Bad man! You're gonna make me buy one of these yet! Whats the deal with brightness control? Two positions? Click once for full bright, again for dim? No regulation, I assume.

Free

Enlightened

Can you imagine one of these with a series of Luxeons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

the new Moonlight II has a dimmer and a flasher. (that sounds dirty) but it seems the pro doesn't. It list two burn times but one is for alkalines (200hrs) and the other is for lithiums (400 hrs). I wish I had a case of these for sale in NY the other day.

Also it looks like they've gone to two LEDs on some of their combo models. This should help out a lot with the lopsided beam.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I don't know if it's really available, the 'Pro' version was released a bit early so a bunch of websites have it up but if you order one they'll cancel your order.

I have this same light (Dimable) only in the 3AAA version. I was hesitant to buy it because I really wanted the AA version but the Black Diamond store (Black Diamond is based about 15 miles from my house) only had the AAA version.

There's 4 positions. Bright, Medium, Dim, and blink. It's dimmed by PWM. I don't know if it's regulated (Maybe I ought to lend it to Roy for a runtime graph) but after about 15 hours of use my batteries are still showing about 4.3 volts, in other words, I'm impressed with the runtime even though it's AAAs.

I thought I wrote a review but I can't find it. It's fairly waterproof (Rain won't hurt it, dropping it in a puddle won't hurt it, but you can't dive while wearing it) It has a reverse tactical switch, click on and *then* press half way to turn off. This is how you change modes, you switch the light off and back on quickly (By pressing the button half way). I actually really like that because if you're in medium you can press the button half way to go to dim, or press it half way and hold it for about 3 seconds (Long enough for some caps to discharge I suppose) and it'll come on fill brightness.