Fenix LD25, LD40 (link to pic thread)

red02

Enlightened
Good find, the LD40 reminds me of those streamlights. Really like the deep pocket clip on the 25. Hope we can get some specs soon for both models.

Toaster

Enlightened
Wow, that LD40 looks reaaaaaaally interesting. I've been waiting for a 4AA light like this for a very long time. I like that they went with the XP-G emitter and I hope that smooth 41mm reflector gives it some nice throw. Anyone able to translate the captions on the pics for us? :popcorn:

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Two supposed Fenix lights and a Sunwayled...

Those Fenix models look nothing like the rest of the LD series, interesting.

Wow, that LD40 looks reaaaaaaally interesting. I've been waiting for a 4AA light like this for a very long time. I like that they went with the XP-G emitter and I hope that smooth 41mm reflector gives it some nice throw. Anyone able to translate the captions on the pics for us? :popcorn:

Unless a pic is missing now I didn't see a pocket clip on the LD25, that was the Sunwayled M10A above it that has the pocket clip.

red02

Enlightened
argh... good point. Just wishful optimism that the LD25 would have a great clip like that. Looks like an updated TK20 to me.

I hope they go for runtime on the lower levels on the LD40. There is no real reason to go for 120lm over the 90 they now have.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't imagine it will be priced like the ProPoly, but it's nice to finally see another 2x2 AA hit the market (assuming it's released over here). Wonder what the polished button on the tail does?

krayman

Newly Enlightened
Can't imagine it will be priced like the ProPoly, but it's nice to finally see another 2x2 AA hit the market (assuming it's released over here). Wonder what the polished button on the tail does?

Black button for on/off, polished button for change mode had total 4 brightness level, when press the polished button more than 2 seconds go into flash mode had SOS, beacon and strobe.....:D

fannin

Enlightened
really interested in what this ld25 is going to be like, especially compared to the ld20

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The name LD25 suggests 2xAA batteries. They would call it PD25 when it would use 2xCR123.

Last edited:

red02

Enlightened
Pure speculation here, but it seems likely to me that the LD25 is another twisty light like LD15, maybe with updated electronics but still 1xAA. The dimensions seem all wrong for 2xAA.

I'm basing this on the name more than anything else.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm liking the LD 40. It's been awhile since I've been interested in a Fenix Light. Good to see them come out with something different.

fannin

Enlightened
Pure speculation here, but it seems likely to me that the LD25 is another twisty light like LD15, maybe with updated electronics but still 1xAA. The dimensions seem all wrong for 2xAA.

I'm basing this on the name more than anything else.

nah it's 2xaa with a forward clicky, replacement for tk20

really looking forward to some reviews of it, i hope it's not heavier than the ld20 but i won't hold my breath

jupello

Enlightened
I was able to fiddle with demo version of LD25 a bit.
It was little bit longer than LD20, it had forward clicky and modes will work similar to TK12. :twothumbs It wont be able to tailstand unless they change the tail for the production version. Led should be neutral white XP-G, and yellow version of the grip should also be available later. Overall it looks like a great 2xAA light, personally I would choose it anytime over LD20 or TK20.

Colorblinded

Enlightened
I was able to fiddle with demo version of LD25 a bit.
It was little bit longer than LD20, it had forward clicky and modes will work similar to TK12. :twothumbs It wont be able to tailstand unless they change the tail for the production version. Led should be neutral white XP-G, and yellow version of the grip should also be available later. Overall it looks like a great 2xAA light, personally I would choose it anytime over LD20 or TK20.
Any info on what modes it has?

Looks like a smooth reflector from a quick glance at the pictures but I'm curious to find out more about the LD25.

jupello

Enlightened
I didn't pay much attention to the modes since I was told that many things in that demo version where not final yet (like the led & reflector).. but it did have some blinking modes along the different brightness settings.