1 powerfull led or 7 Leds?

plata0190

Enlightened
Hi
i heard here on the forum that wiseled tactical have floody light and so not comparable with other lights with 2000 lumen that have 1 powerfull led like SST-90

Is that right?

i have seen some beamshot comparing Olight SR90 abnd wiseled tactical, but not sure what are OTF.... seems olight have less OTF but can illuminate for more distance.

The beam was more powerfull in the centre on the olight and wider/floody on the tactical. :) There are a little differences on colors.

plata0190

Enlightened
Just to know:

i have a Wolflite H-251 handlamp with incandescent bulbs. On the specs i read have 49 lumen. There are very low, comparing with economic LEDs flashlight with more than 150 lumens.

Maybe incandescent lumen output is different from LEDs lumen?

joe1512

Enlightened
I wouldnt be too worried about failure. LED emitters have a very long life and you would have a warranty anyways.

The advantage to multiple small emitters is that they are much more efficient. The only reason large emitters exist is because the smaller ones can only be driven up to 1.2 Amps or so.

The SST-90 is much less efficient but it can be driven up to 9 amps. A single emitter ought to mean that you can use one single very large reflector to maximize throw.
With 7 small ones, you have to make 7 tiny reflectors which should result in less throw. The mitigating factor is that small emitters are closer to point-sources than the big ones and tend to throw further naturally.

I don't know enough to really give a preference, but hopefully this info gives you some thinking points.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
normally if i had to chose 7leds or 1 i'd choose 1.
but between sr90 or wiseled, i'd pick wiseled

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of emitters does the WiseLED use?

Update: Nevermind. I just saw it has P4 emitters. It is alot bigger then an Surefire M6 too.....

What if the WiseLED had 7 XP-G R5's .....

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if the WiseLED had 7 XP-G R5's .....

GAME ON!!!!!

Check out the LED lenser X7 :)

No, leave the X7 well alone unless you're happy with a HUGE light that will only feed on alkalines :shakehead and have it's output drop from the get go.

If you're going to spend that sort of money on a light, spend a little extra and get something like the Olight SR90/91. Battery pack and charger. The SR91 will give you 1500 lumens for 3 hours, or 450 for a whopping 10 hours.

Lambalights makes some rocking custom mags, or you could visit Elektrolumens and have a Blaster NG for the same dough with WAY more punch.

T-Slot

Newly Enlightened

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/258699

Here's a little tech update on the Tactical:
The spot is 4 degrees and the flood is 6 degrees, and, yes, we use the XPG from Cree. The output won't drop below 2000 lumens for at least 20 min. If you use the flashlight under water, it will continue to have a 2000 lumens output. It depends on the weather conditions and how you use it. If you don't move around with the flashlight and it's a very hot day with no wind at all, the output will drop after 20 minutes, but in cold weather - and if you move around with the light, which cools it off - it'll keep the 2000 lumens for longer than 20 minutes.

Flemming,
WiseLED

plata0190

Enlightened
i don't understand the gen III which brand and model is and cant find info spec prices on google.
I don't know how much does it coast + batteries + bike stand + charge etc at lower price

And want to know if is better XP-G posted by matthewm or wiseled tactical ?

Last edited: