Streamlight Ultrastinger arrived today.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Streamlight UltraStinger arrived today. Now I have some questions. I didn't find a spare bulb in the tailcap. Is that just something that other Streamlights have? Do I really have to charge it first even though it seems charged? I did get an e-mail from Streamlight customer service today. The person did not seem very knowledgeable. He didn't think the bulb from a Streamlight UltraStinger would fit in a Streamlight HP. Mine was $69 plus $7 or so for shipping for a total of about $76 plus change. Is that an okay price for the UltraStinger without charges or could I have done better? Also, I am told that the regular Stinger charger will work. Is that true?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recomend chargeing the batteries before their 1st use; the US lamp won't work in the HP because of the voltage difference; $69 is a pretty good price; & from what I understand, one charger works on all the Stinger lights. There is a slow charge & a quick charge, but they are interchangeable. TX

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The US bukb will fit in a HP, BUT the voltage is different.

All Stingers use the same cradle, but the fast chargers use different wallwarts. A Stinger slow charger will charge the US.
--dan