Any brick and mortor stores sell ARC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't have things shipped to work anymore to prevent them from being discovered at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
As far as I know, there are not any brick and mortar stores currently selling arc products.

sotyakr

Enlightened
This probably won't be of any use to you, but I think TAD Gear sells Arcs online, and out of their "brick and mortar" store in Oakland, CA.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, a little far to drive from OH on my lunch hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Guess I'll be arcless for a while longer.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't ship anything to a P.O. I just changed jobs, haven't made any friends yet. I am a contract worker so I job hop too much.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah,

stupid, stupid, stupid! Of course, you can't ship to a P.O. Sorry.

How about this? Have it shipped to your friend's or brother's or whomever's. and then have THEM ship it to you along with something else. Then when asked you can say "Oh, my brother sent me a xxxxx." Not that I *cough* am *cough* recommending deceiving your wife or anything. That would be *cough* a bad idea.

Reaper

Enlightened
I'm almost in the same situation. Can't have anything delivered to my house since I purchase a lot of "weird" stuff. So, I have it delivered to what you would call a mail-drop(?) business. Once you're on their customer list, they will accept anything for you from mail to whatever will fit through the door and then notify you. I've never had any problem with ordering things since it's not a P.O. Box but a business. Quite a few times I've ordered packages that were labelled "Haz. materials-signature required" or "Restricted items" and they've never asked questions. They usually just say "here we will go-something weird again". I don't have a annual fee, I just pay them $2.00 for each package (no matter what the size) that I have shipped to them for me.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
js said:
Yeah,

stupid, stupid, stupid! Of course, you can't ship to a P.O. Sorry.

How about this? Have it shipped to your friend's or brother's or whomever's. and then have THEM ship it to you along with something else. Then when asked you can say "Oh, my brother sent me a xxxxx." Not that I *cough* am *cough* recommending deceiving your wife or anything. That would be *cough* a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be suprised how many people don't realize that. I worked for a consulting company in house and UPS picked up and dropped off in my room. People would bring back a package to be shipped with a note on it with an address with a po box number then get mad because I didn't ship it. They just couldn't get the fact that p.o. is post office.

turbodog

Flashaholic
To my amazement, I was browsing in discount hunting and fishing the other day (locally owned store) and found ARC LS and AAA products, along with holsters to go with them. Not that this really helps you much. I have yet to see another person with one, but the guy there said they sell decently well. They had waaaay too many high end lights for a "discount" store. Seems to be a good marketing ploy for a thing to tell the wife.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was that One Stop Knife Shop?

We estimate any where from 12 to 50 stores have Arcs. The reason is is hard to determine is because the distributors are protective about their customer lists (they don't want us to sell directly to their customers).

Peter

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Eugene said:
You can't ship anything to a P.O. I just changed jobs, haven't made any friends yet. I am a contract worker so I job hop too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't ship to a P.O. Box? Since when? Last I recall you could ship just about anything to a P.O.B. Just send it Parcel Post!! Last order I got from ARC, it came Parcel Post. I think some of the dealers on line offer PP as an option. If they don't, try asking them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ship = UPS/FexEx/ect
Mail = post office. The problem I have with them is they loose at least one of my bills each month. Every month I get a late charge on something that I have to call and explain that I never received a bill and could they please send it through a rel;aible means. Some companies act like its not their fault but I keep telling them they send it through a non relaible system so they can't blame me if their method doesn't get it to me. Those are the companies that I try to stop doing business with. I had to sign up for web banking so I can pay the bills that way and not have to worry about the check getting lost and can now look and see when I last paid something and if its been over a month call and find out.

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened
NO bricks or mortor... how 'bout aluminum? Gear Outside The Box in Austin, TX is currently in the process of outfitting a gutted Airstream into a super bitchin' "island" type store which will be located at either the Barton Creek Mall or the Arboretum. My head is spinning as I seek items to stock which flow along the lines of the quality and integrity of Arc and Chris Reeve Knives. It is not easy when you are not willing to just sell clutter like most businesses. I have no Idea how long the restoration will take because much of the lower half of the aluminum body will be replaced with tempered glass. Basically, so far, I just have an idea of what is, and what is not possible.

Currently, I am going for an "Outside The Box" method, which involves "showings" at local art galleries.

I'm startin to feel like I'm breakin' the dealer rules here on the CPF, so I'll stop now. You know the biz.

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Eugene,

I notice you are in Ohio. Bright Guy has a store outside of Cleveland and is well regarded by CPFers.

JJHitt

Enlightened
offtopic aside on PO Boxes: Airborne DOES accept PO Box addresses. They carry it as far as the destination city and they pass it to USPS.

Works for me. The problem I have with UPS/FedEx is my aparment complex will not sign for anything and I dont like to get too many packages delivered to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.