Is this the smallest mass produced LED light out there ?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone beat this in size for a mass produced LED light. Taken out of an Illuminated Balloon.

Last edited:

brh

Newly Enlightened
Re: Smallest mass produced LED light out there ?

Looks like that funny little thing can actually be switched on/off… What sort of switching mechanism are we looking at?

ztm

Banned

That is tiny. Would be cool to see specs and capability.

I have a handful of LRI Photon Freedom Micros and their ancestors that are really good and tiny lights. Never without one and they aren't much bigger than that.

Burgess

Flashaholic

Very interesting !

Can it be " Lifted " by a helium balloon ?

;)
_

Gregozedobe

Enlightened

The "Disc Golf Beacon" is probably a similar volume (34mm long cylinder, 4mm diameter). Not available in white (IIRC only red, green and yellow). Switches on by pushing the LED towards the battery.

There have been a few CPF threads about small LED lights, but the one shown in the pics is a new one to me (and is indeed very, very small).

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, you can fill the balloon with helium and it will lift it. Size is 18mm long 8mm thick and 11 mm wide at widest part. Weight is 1.82gram
Turned on by pulling the 'tag' out and then it goes for about 12 hours. I took one out and bent out the sprung metal strip that makes the switch. Now it's a momentory on when I press the side.
You can get them in different colours.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a handful of LRI Photon Freedom Micros and their ancestors that are really good and tiny lights. Never without one and they aren't much bigger than that.
Sorry to dissapoint. You can get three of these for the same weight as a Photon Micro. The Micro looks huge next to one of these but is more powerful though. I'd put the output of this at around 3 lumens. All flood.

TECENG

Newly Enlightened

I have some really tiny lights that are used for fishing lures or some type of fishing application (maybe to see where you're line is when night fishing). I got them on a whim as an emergency light, I think you could navigate by them in total darkness. They are very small diameter, maybe 3mm and about 15mm long. I'll see if I can find a link online, otherwise I'll try to get a pic posted.

Edit: found it
http://www.fishing4lures.com/floats_accessories/lindy_fishing_floats_accessories/0928-0171.html

Last edited: