Does any one have this light?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
uvlaser said: web page Does any one have this light? I wanted to buy it but I don't know how bright it is.

[/ QUOTE ]With it's single 5mm type LED, you get a great spot, but not very bright.

Another 4-AA light with that same LED was available at Wally-Mart a year or so ago for around $9. To me that special cut-down 6V. LED is worth the price that I paid for the whole flashlight, because other people sell just that bulb alone for $12. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That looks like a Dorcy Cool Blue (also sold as LEDCorp "Our Best Aluminum Flashlight). It's not a great flashlight, but it's not a horrible, awful flashlight either.

I have a really old page (pre-Luxeon) about the LEDCorp version right here if you're interested.

Darell

Flashaholic
I think you'll find that EVERYBODY calls their lights "bright." It is all in the eye of the beholder, and needs to be compared to whatever standard you call "bright."

Saaby

Flashaholic
It's not a terrible light but it's not a great one either. The chunky, 4AA formfactor is great for modding (AS is the fact it'll easily take a boring old PR bulb) or leave the 5mm LED bulb in there and use it in power outages. It should run more or less forever on 4AAs.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throw (focus) is good, however I consider it is of very limited utility because of the small amount of sidespill. Not good for closeup, but too dim for distance. The worst of both worlds. I never use mine, I have the plastic variety. I ended up replacing the LED with a 3.6V xenon (overdriven) bulb and powered with 4AA's NiMH.

CM

raggie33

*the raggedier*
whats does over drive mean? do you mean ya got ya 3,6 volt bulb at 6.4 volts? pruduceing more light?