Project Kwerk.

Ganp

Enlightened
Here's a torch I've been making recently for some fellow flashaholics It's still a work in progress and will most likely have some minor
changes as feedback comes in from current owners. But as it stands, here's the first one, next to a Griffin.

IMG_0914.jpg

Basically it's a P60 host, but with some extra room inside for custom light engines which can be built with larger heatsinks/LE cans.
To ensure good electrical continuity with this design it is envisaged that a negative contact spring will always be used, even with drop-in
modules which do not normally have one.

All the body parts are turned from the same piece of 6082 aluminium in an effort to get as close an HA colour match as possible. OK, so that
doesn't show in the B&W photo's. :tinfoil: Battery tubes are either 18670 or 18500 sized.

The Kwerk is not compatible with any other flashlight systems so I can build it the way I want, and without the constraints of other system
compatibility, it's easier to make any modifications which may become necessary,

Playing lego light may not be possible, but there are some component interchanges. The tailcap is fitted with a reverse clicky switch but
will also accept a standard McClicky. The lens is a standard 29.3mm x 1.9mm double AR coated UCL, and some custom bezels for the McLux
27LT may fit.

Some more pictures ....

18500 and 18670 bodies with the standard head and custom tri-XPG head.
IMG_1102copy.jpg

IMG_1118copy2.jpg

Tri XP-G/Shark/Remora module and head.
TriXP-GLEcopy.jpg

P7/TriFlupic drop-in.
P7-TriFlupicLE.jpg

Size comparison with a 6P.
IMG_1107copy.jpg

And finally some add-ons - at the request of their owners.
IMG_1145eurokencopy.jpg

IMG_0972copy2.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Colin.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful werk!

How does one go about become such a fortunate "fellow flashaholic?" I wonder.

Beautiful. I look forward to hearing from the owners!!

Thank you for sharing.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Great to see you back on CPF building again.
That's one of the nicest P60 host designs that I've seen.
The drop-ins look pretty cool too. :thumbsup:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been most fortunate to have gotten both of these Kwerks, one in the 18670 and one in the 18500 size. I have used drop in P60 modules---one a Luminus SST-50 with a 5 level regulated drive and the other a Cree XP-G with 3 levels also regulated--with these hosts.

Colins' work is among those very, very few at the very top of the custom builders. Machine cuts are flawless and the anodizing (I have both in Natural) is the very best I have in my collection and I have quite a few lights with which to compare them.

These truly are drop-in hosts--I got my modules from https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3446072&postcount=1 and all who know me know that I am an avid collector and not a modder. If you can change batteries in your lights, you can "build" your own custom Kwerk using any of these modules and the appropriate battery(ies). The performance of both of mine is just amazing--I am VERY pleased with them. Mine were/are "plain" but, as you can see, Colin will make yours just as fancy ...or plain as you might want.

Want the best host for these P60 drop-ins? Look no further!:twothumbs

Karl

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. So so clean. Congrats on the hosts Karl. These are look truly rugged and unbreakable yet elegant. :thumbsup:

ledcarry

Enlightened
I like the look of the Kwerks. They have a very polished and elegant apperance. I also think the most important areas of customization were covered. Having the battery tubes sized for 18670 or 18500 will give you the option of running an 18650 battery that will support the high power requirements of the Tri Drop-ins or P60's as well. I also like the gold and silver trim rings and the gold crenulated bezel which makes for a nice touch of color balance in the right places. Great work Colin and I look forward to hearing from you soon as the Griffin gets closer. :thumbsup:

JM

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I said, I kept mine as simple as possible but you can certainly see how "dressed up" they can be built to suit dressier occasions! By the by, I did replace the switches with McClicky switches. I got mine from OVEREADY.com--great folks to work with and fast service.

I have been "playing" with these lights quite frequently and they represent the highest level of quality, versitility and performance. :twothumbs

Karl

Last edited:

Ganp

Enlightened
Thank you for your kind comments everyone.

on the tri xpg, what is the diameter of that board? do you machine the heatsink as well? thanks
js .... The board and optic are both available from Cutter. Board diameter is 32mm. Heatsink/LEcan is my own.

There's enough free wire under the board to be able to easily re-solder an upgrade board later.

Colin.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are very nice. I would be interested in one when they become available.