Any interest in a real battery test?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

The idea came up with the question for the titanium batteries:

Would there be interest in a real battery test with discharge curves, inner resistance and comparison charts?

I did a little test about a half year ago and don't find the results any more.

Please post, if you would have any battery tested.

In my opinion the most important are AA cells and D cells, brands Duracell, Duracell ULTRA, Energizer, e2 Energizer Titanium, e2 Energizer Lithium and standard Zinc-Coal cells.
Also a comparison between the different 123 would be interesting for us Sure-Fire fans (capacity, inner resistance, level of the inner fuse).

Please post If you have any suggestions..

Bye,

phantomas2002

Brock

Flashaholic
I would like to see a test done this way, although I can pretty much guess the differences between alkaline, lithium, NiCad, and NiMH. It would be interesting to see actually results to back up what I see though.

As you mentioned it would be interesting to see the difference between Sanyo, Energizer, and Duracell 123's.

Brock

davo123

Newly Enlightened
I read one time in "Consumer Reports" that conducted a test on all the different batteries. They found with Alkalines that different brands performed differently for different applications. For instance, a 100mA drain vs. a 1 Amp drain will resault in two different brands. So, it really will depend on the drain that you test that will give you the battery of choice. Hope this helps.

Davo123

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, I thought of this also. A battery may have a high capacity, but also high internal resistance. This would result at good work at low currents. Another one would have less capacity, but can deliver its voltage at higher current and would be teh choice for high power devices....

I should do at least 3 to 4 discharge curves at different currents...

Thnx!

phantomas2002